Chapter 42

Danica POV

I have moved back into Derek and Meredith's house. Despite my protests, they said I shouldn't be alone. I sit on the couch, with a blanket wrapped around me as I watch my wedding videos. I smile at George's stupid dancing and his laughing when he looks into the camera. "What are you doing up so early?" 

I turn and see Derek. "I just wanted to watch some wedding videos before going back to work,"

"You know you can take it easy right?" Derek asks.

"Nope. I don't want sympathy. I want to prove I'm a good surgeon. I need to survive this merger," I say confidently as I shut off the tv. "I already spoke to the Chief and he promised to keep me off Hunts service. I'm not ready for that just yet," 

"Do you want a ride?" He asks. I shake my head no as I grab my helmet and head outside. I hop onto my motorcycle and speed off to the hospital. The wind blowing through my hair and clothes, making me feel alive. I'm still grieving but I realized George wouldn't want me to stop living just cause he did. 

Danica POV

Danica POV

I walk beside Izzie, Cristina and Alex. "You paged us?" 

"Check your emails," 

"Why?" I ask. 

"H.R. If you got cut, you'll have an email," Meredith answers. I quickly pull out my phone. "I didn't get one but I've been calm. Through this crisis, I've been calm. But if one of us gets cut I will not be calm,"

I scroll through my most recent emails, my eyes scanning over every single email. "No email," I sigh in relief.

"I'm fine," Alex states.

"So am I," Cristina says relieved. We all look to Izzie. 

"I'm good too," 

"Good! See? I knew it. I knew none of us would get cut," Meredith happily states. 

"Yet," Cristina states. "There's gonna be another round,"

"She's right. I need to get more O.R. time, I didn't make a single cut today," 

 time, I didn't make a single cut today," 

Danica POV

I stand at the baseball pitch with the others and I regret coming. I haven't seen Owen all day and he just so happens to be here. Cristina goes up to bat, complaining as she does until she hits the ball. "Oh my god! Oh my god! I hit it!" She cheers as she runs over to us. I can't help but crack a smile. 

"Come on Dani, show us what you got," Derek encourages. 

"Oh fine!" I laugh. I walk up to him and he puts the helmet on my head. With one swing, I hit the ball and it should qualify as a home run.

"How did you do that!?" Lexie asks.

"I have six brothers. Baseball, basketball, anything that has to do with a ball, I knew how to play," 

"Good job Millers," I turn to Owen and nod my head. 

"I'm gonna head home but you guys have fun,"

"Dani don't leave,"

"Come on," Everyone protests as I walk away. 

"Dani," I stop as I hear Owen's voice. "I'm sorry. For everything. I know you blame me and I blame me too. I'm--I'm so so sorry," 

"I can accept your apology, not because I want to, but because George would've wanted me to. I forgive you but we aren't friends," 

Filler chapter hope you all are enjoying!