Nightmare

A/N: This is gonna be a bit of a ramble, but yeah, I had a goddamn terrifying nightmare and I need to write something to cope, so Dabi it is.

"God has decided to terminate this test world" was the last thing you heard before you heard a very loud crack.

You just saw people with their necks twisted staring at you before a selection panel appeared before you. It had two options, heaven, and hell. The pointer changed from the middle of the two to hell, with a loud ding-ding-ding sound. That's when you finally woke up.

You weren't sweating, you weren't hyperventilating, you felt more like you were suffocating, like you couldn't breathe. You were just grasping around with your hand, trying to find Dabi's arm. When you finally did you inhaled deeply and squeezed his arm tightly.

"What the hell?" Dabi asked groggily, clearly not happy you had woken him up.

"I-I'm having a panic-a panic attack" you said, still squeezing his arm.

"If you could stop digging your damn nails into my arm, I could help you"

You hadn't realized you'd been using your nails, but as soon as Dabi said that, you let go of his arm.

You were just laying there, staring at the ceiling, feeling absolutely terrified and still feeling like it was hard to breathe.

"You're in bad shape huh" Dabi said as he turned onto his side and leaned his head on his hand.

You just nodded a few times in quick succession.

"You wanna talk about it?" he asked.

"I-I don't really know, it was pretty-pretty confusing, maybe in the morning?" you stammered. "Could you just... hold me?"

He nodded and opened his arms to you. You rolled over into Dabi's arms and he buried his face to the back of your neck. Dabi could feel you trembling in his arms, and you were awake for a long time, longer than he was able to stay awake for, but even though he was asleep he never let go of you.