Reader feeling suicidal

"Where the fuck are you?" Dabi muttered, throwing open the door to your room. When he saw you sitting on the floor, leaning on the side of your bed, he shoved his hands into his pockets and leaned against the doorframe.

"We were supposed to go to meet with the others today, so what the fuck are you still doing here?" Dabi asked.

You didn't answer and didn't even turn to look at him. You couldn't, you felt like if you moved even an inch, your body would betray you and you would start crying and trembling.

"You listening to me?" Dabi asked and walked further into the room, poking you on the back with the tip of his boot.

"Go away, please..." you said quietly, your voice breaking.

"What's wrong?" he sighed and sat down opposite of you on the floor.

"There's no point to this, there's no point to anything anymore" you sniffled.

"Are you having an existential crisis, or are you feeling like ending it all?" Dabi asked.

"The second one"

"Don't be a fucking moron" Dabi said and karate chopped you on the head, probably a bit too hard.

"Ow! But who's gonna stop me? It's not like anyone cares" you said rubbing your head where he had hit you.

"Oh shut the hell up. You know you're like family to me" he said and rolled his eyes.

"You're literally trying to take revenge against your real family, so I don't know how reassuring that is" you chuckled weakly.

Dabi didn't really know how to deal with someone who was suicidal, but he opted for the distraction strategy.

"Okay, maybe that was a bad choice of words, but you get my damn point" he admitted.

You and Dabi talked for a couple of hours, with him karate chopping you everytime you mentioned wanting to end your life. Maybe it would work as a conditioned response if he did it enough. Dabi just wanted you to be okay, at least for tonight, you could deal with tomorrow when it would come. He just hoped you would remember that.