A hand to hold

A/N: Just some soft stuff, feel free to leave requests in the comments btw

He was gone again. You would be sleeping alone for the third night in a row, and you hadn't seen him for days. You missed him more than usual for some reason and him being gone for days really wasn't helping.

Hours later, when you were going to go to sleep, you heard someone banging on the door to your apartment.

You went to look through the peephole and saw those familiar blue eyes staring back at you. You opened the door and Dabi stumbled in. He pushed you to the side and almost collapsed on the floor, but you managed to catch him before he completely fell down. He smelled burnt and he clearly wasn't doing too well.

"Do you want me to help you to the couch?" you asked.

He just nodded once and you supported him as he made his way to the couch.

"I'll get the first aid kit" you sighed, but as you were about to leave, he grabbed your wrist and yanked you towards him so hard, you lost your balance.

You yelped in surprise, but Dabi caught you in his arms and pulled you to his chest. He was just holding you, without saying anything. You were basically sitting on the couch with your upper body leaning against him and him holding you tight.

"Dabi?" you asked gently, not really sure what to make of his sudden act of affection.

He was hanging his head down so you couldn't see his face, but you placed your hand on the other side of his face and pressed your forehead against his other cheek, that was closer to you.

Dabi didn't really know what he was doing, he just wanted to hold you. He wanted to feel your warmth and the softness of your body against him. He didn't deserve you, somewhere deep down he knew that, but he didn't care. He knew he was a selfish piece of shit, but he wanted to keep you all for himself, he never wanted to let anyone else have you. If he couldn't have you, no one could.

"It's okay, I'm here" you said, and kissed his cheek.

You could hear him exhale deeply, and his hold on you loosened a little bit.

"Will you let me go get the first aid kit? You're missing a few staples" you noted softly.

Dabi let go of you even though it felt like he did it quite reluctantly, and you went to grab the first aid kit from the kitchen cabinet. When you came back, Dabi was laying on the couch with his eyes closed.

"You can rest, I'll take care of you" you smiled gently, and started replacing his ripped off staples.

He didn't even flinch when you put the new staples on his cheek and hands. You cleaned off the little blood that there was and went to put the first aid kit back where it belonged.

When you returned, Dabi was asleep. He must have been exhausted, and you were quite sure he hadn't slept for the last few days. It was normal for him, but it definitely didn't do him any favors.

The whole time he'd been gone, you'd had this pit of dread in your stomach. It was often like that when he was gone for a longer time when he was supposed to. He always came back to you though. He'd never failed at that, and you hoped he never would. You didn't know what you would do if he just disappeared one day. You didn't know what you would do if you never got any answers about what happened to him. You knew who he was, what he was, but you'd taken his hand anyway, and if it was up to you, you would always hold onto it.

You brushed his hair off his forehead and pressed a small kiss between his brows.

"I love you, more than you know" you whispered.

You couldn't imagine your life without him.