Chapter 2: Thief Seekers

Kaoi POV

The life of a demon slayer is not a happy one.

Due to the circumstances that demons were once humans. There are bound to be times when one decapitates a demon in front of their former loved ones.

Murderer

Killer

Slaughterer

Butcher

At one point in a demon slayer's career are they called these names

So imaging my surprise when out of nowhere this silver-haired girl accuses me of thievery.

Yeah, let's just say I was not expecting it thus my response of

"What?!"

"I said that you should cease your actions and return my insignia to me"

I stood there dumbfounded at what is happening right now.

"First of all, these guys attacked me, so what I did was in self-defense. Hell, I only knocked them out. I could have done a lot worse. Second of all, I did not steal anything from no one. Much less from you."

"You should listen to him, Lia. I don't sense any malice from his words. Just some minor annoyance." a high-pitched voice said.

"Hush now, Puck," the girl said while grasping her green crystal.

"Huh, who said that?"

The green crystal around the girl's neck began to glow a bright light. As the light comes down I start to see a small flying cat.

With a purple handbag cause why not.

Immeaiditly I jump to gain some distance while grabbing my sword.

What is that?! I thought while looking at it

A nekomata? No, they have two tails with the tips on fire. This one has only one tail that is not on fire.

"You see Puck, He jumped away because he has a guilty conscience!" the girl exclaims.

"No Lia, I think because he was startled by my appearance. Maybe he never saw a spirit before." said the floating cat

A spirit, so is that what he is?

"Look even if you didn't steal from me, then surely you know the person who did?" Lia asked

"Sorry, but I have no idea what you're talking about" I replied.

For the next minute, we stare at each other in silence.

That is until she suddenly breaks into a worrying face.

"Wait, Oh, no, it couldn't be. Did I really make a wrong turn or maybe come the long way around?"

While she was standing there muttering to herself. I suddenly remember the blond girl that ran by here earlier. She did look like she was in a rush to get away from someone. Could she be the thief the girl now identified as Lia be after?

"On second thought, I might have an idea of the person who stole from you."

"Really!" she exclaims with hope in her eyes.

I hummed in agreement and then I turned to look up at the roof of one of the buildings.

"Hey, Teruo! Come down here I have something to ask of you!" I yelled.

Lia and the cat spirit looked at me with confusion until my feathered friend flew down and perched himself on my arm.

"Caw, Caw, What is it? Caw, Caw" Teruo squawks.