Chapter 30: Shame

Who is Subaru?

That was the question that was running through Kaoi's head.

Garfiel: Quit screwin' around!

Out of nowhere, Garfiel came crashing in between them.

Kaoi: Garfiel!

Garfiel: We're gonna jump!

Kaoi: Right!

Following Garfiel's lead, Kaoi jumped from rooftop to rooftop and dodged the shadowy tentacles that came after them!

Kaoi: What happened? Why is the Witch of Envy here?!

Garfiel: I don't know. The whole ground was engulfed by the shadow before I even realized it. If Rem hadn't sent me flying, it would've gotten me, too.

Kaoi: Gotten you? What do you mean by that?

Garfiel: Exactly what it sounds like! The old hag and Rem and everyone else already got swallowed up!

Kaoi: So everyone is...

Everything had gotten south so fast. The Great Rabbit and Elsa situation hadn't happened but things are going to hell already.

Garfiel: The bitch isn't tryin' to follow us? What? Is she gonna leave the barrier?

Should Kaoi end his life right now? No! What if she follows him into the next life? He needs to see this through to the end.

Kaoi: We can't let her escape!

Garfiel: The hell'd you say?!

The Sanctuary Woods

The two were now running in the forest to intercept the witch.

Garfiel: Wait up! Do you even have a plan to take down that bitch!

Kaoi: No! But I can't let her roam free! What!

The demon slayer came across something he couldn't believe. A group of identical Ryuzu's, all wearing the white color robes and more disturbingly were all absent of any emotion.

Garfiel: I was hopin' you wouldn't have to see this.

Kaoi: Are these... copies of Ryuzu?

Garfiel: Don't worry about them. They ain't her. They're empty on the inside.

Kaoi: What are you going to do?

Garfiel: What do you think? We're gonna bust through with sheer numbers and crush it!

Soon the Witch of Envy and her black pool arrives to greet the small force.

Envy: I love you.

Garfiel: There you are!

With a raging roar, Garfiel transforms into a huge tiger-man. He charges at the Witch of Envy.

Kaoi: No! Don't!

But he was stopped by the tentacles of darkness wrapping around his limbs.

Garfiel: Go!

Soon the copies of Ryzu charge the witch. Exploding when they come into contact. Freeing Garfiel when they destroy the tentacles restraining him.

Garfiel: [Roars]

Garfiel was about to swipe at Envy but was penetrated by another tentacle through his chest. From within the tiger man sprout serval dark spines.

But Kaoi wasn't going to let the Witch get her way as he jumps on Garfiel. Using him as a launchpad and leaps a the Witch. His sword blazing with fire.

Kaoi: Flame Breathing - Fire Magic, First Form: Unknowing Fire!