Ch. 01 - The boy with pink hair

______________________________________________________________________________

I sighed at the thought after finding out what my parents called me for that Tuesday after I got home from my highschool.

I'm really starting to hate them both. Imagine, calling me after a full, tiring day to the coffee shop just so they could tell me I need to marry their bestfriend's son?! And meet him this Saturday without any warning?!

This totally sucks.

"Are you alright, Lucy? You're just staring at your food." My bestfriend, Levy McGarden, asked, fixing her glasses as she continued to eat her cake.

"Ah, I'm just... having a headache. Nothing to worry about." I faked a smile but, the truth is I'm still worrying over the 'meeting-your-fiancée' thing.

"Huh. You better hurry or else we're gonna be late for school." She warned, drinking her blueberry milkshake next.

"Oh, yeah. School!" I screamed, catching every customer's attention inside the restaurant. I ignored the attention then, ate the cake in a rush, pulling Levy into the bus that was still driving.

"YOU'RE CRAZY!" The bus driver screamed, continuing to drive the bus. "How can you ride an on-going bus?!"

"Ah, sorry for that! We're gonna be late for school if we didn't!" I apologized, saluting to the bus driver.

As soon as we saw the school, the bus stopped, letting Levy and I go into the school. "Thanks, old mister!" I yelled so the bus driver would hear.

Levy and I kept panting and gasping for air when we got to the canteen. "L-Lucy, didn't you know we weren't really gonna be late?"

I looked in Levy's direction. "What did you just say?"

She sighed. "I said I was only kidding about us being late."

I looked down on the ground. "Why didn't you tell me on the way here? Levy, sometimes, you're really cruel..."

"Eh?" Levy giggled. "Sorry 'bout that."

"Class 1's Heartfilia and McGarden, aren't you two supposed to be inside your classroom?" Levy and I turned around and saw the Student Council President, Erza Scarlet. She's a strict one.

"Uh, even though it's only 6:30? We still have 30 minutes left." Levy stated.

"No. You must get inside right this instant. You have a transferee student." Erza said with her arms folded.

"A transferee student?" This late? It's already August.

"Alright, then. We'll be going now." Levy waved goodbye, walking alongside me to our classroom.

When we arrived, everyone was already here. I can see some of them quivering in fear. They must've encountered Erza along the way.

"Good morning, Levy and Lucy!" We turned sideways and saw Juvia Lockser with her widest smile as always.

"Ah, Juvia! Morning!" Levy greeted, smiling back.

"Oh. Good morning." I greeted back, not in the mood to be happy and quirky this early.

"Is something bothering Lucy? Juvia might help!" Juvia raised her hand and looked in my direction.

Levy tugged on Juvia's sleeve. "She's been acting like it since this morning."

"Is that so?" Levy nodded at Juvia's question. "Hmm.... Lucy must be experiencing her period?"

"I'm already done this month!" I contradicted her theory. I sat back on my seat when she sweatdropped.