Ch. 20 - A love confession

____________________________________________________________________________

Natsu's P.O.V.

   Literally, I had almost jumped for joy when Luce and I made up. "All's well that ends well, as they always say in the movie."

    As I was just about to walk inside the classroom, I heard someone else call me. "N-Natsu...? C-Can we talk...?"

     It was Lisanna.

     "Oh, Lisanna. Sure. We're talking right now, aren't we?"

      She shook her head then, played with her fingers. "U-Uh, no." She laughed nervously. "I-I-I was thinking...w-we need to talk in the rooftop..."

       "Ohh..." I wonder what she's gonna say.

____________________________________________________________________________

Lucy's P.O.V.

     "Hey, Lucy, want a free sundae?" Kinana called, trying to convince me to take it.

      "Why? What's the occasion?" I asked, accepting the sundae.

      "Meh." She shrugged. "Some of the students ordered but did it as a practical joke." She slightly pouted with her crossed arms.

       I shrugged. "Oh well. Can't let this go to waste."

        Levy came up to me, giggling. "So? You two made up, right?"

         I nodded as I continued to finish the ice-cream in my hand. "Y-Yeah... h-he came and apologize..."

         She snapped her fingers and bit her lip. "I knew it. I knew it! I knew it! I knew it! Oh, Lucy, you two are processing your love story just fine."

         "Ya think?" I smiled sarcastically. "Lev, how many times do I have to tell you? I'm not interested in Natsu."

        She shrugs, "Still, I'm praying for things to process a little faster." She giggled as she took a dip of gravy from the stand.

        "Let's just go to the classroom already before Ms. Mira's put in a bad mood."

         "Like that'll ever happen." Levy stated sarcastically.

        As we walked upstairs, we saw Gray and the others go inside the classroom with their textbooks. "Seems like class really started."

        My eyebrows furrowed automatically when I realized Natsu wasn't sitting in his place. His space was empty.

       "Where is Natsu?"

       Levy shrugs, "Weren't you the last one he was with?"

       "...but he said he was going in the classroom after our conversation."

       "Well, maybe he's just stuck in the restroom?" Levy shrugs, caressing me on my back. "I don't know. But, don't worry. I'm sure he'll show up later--somehow."

____________________________________________________________________________

    Looking at my wrist watch, I continued to wait for Natsu by the entrance of the school. "Natsu, where did you go?"

    Since I was getting tired of waiting, I went, picking my books and bag up then started to search for Natsu through the hallways.

    "Have you seen Natsu?" I asked Gray when he was talking to Juvia.

     He shook his head, "Oh. I think I saw him with that girl from next class--uh, Lisanna, I think?"

      My eyes widened. "O-Ohh... I... see.."

     "Don't worry about her. Maybe she's just being friendly." Gray said in a reassuring voice before patting me on the head.

       I smiled thankfully at his advice. "Yeah. Thanks, Gray."

       "Lucy!"

        Gray, Juvia and I turned to the left and saw Levy running towards us--panting. She gasped.

        "Levy, have you been running?"

         "Wasn't it obvious...?" She stated sarcastically before tugging by the sleeve of my blouse.

          "What?"

           "Well, come on and see!"

           "Alright. Alright..."

I followed Levy up the stairs and by the time we arrived by the door of the rooftop, we heard Lisanna's voice.

"I like you, Natsu."

My heart raced when I heard Lisanna. Lisanna... was confessing to Natsu. W-Why now...?

"I've liked you since I first saw you... I-I know that's impossible but, I-I felt strange ever since then. I would always watch you by the bleachers and before I knew it, I've developed my feelings for you..."

"Lucy, what are you doing?" Levy shouted in a whisper, pulling me by my wrist.

"I-I don't wanna see this. This thing is a private conversation. I don't want to be butting in."

"You do so need to butt in! You're Natsu's wife. If Natsu does agree to date Lisanna--why, that would ruin your marriage!"

"What marriage? That was only a forced marriage. It's not like we were dating anyway so why do I even care?"

"At least wait for Natsu's answer." Levy pleaded, looking deeply into my eyes.

I sighed in defeat and obeyed Levy's wish. Goig back to my position, we continued to listen.

"Lis, I-I appreciate your feelings for me but, I don't think that's what you call liking me. Maybe you idolize me but that's different from like." Natsu paused when Lisanna gulped. "Besides... I-I already... like someone else."

My heart started racing a bit when he mentioned it. Levy nudged me by the elbow and smirked, "I told you so."

"Shut up."

Lisanna's eyes widened, "C-Can I at least know who's the person you like...?"

Natsu began blushing, pulling his collar away from his neck. "I-I-I, u-uh...." he gulped, muttering something under his breath. "....t-the person I like is..."

My eyes widened after he spoke.

"...i-is.. L-Lucy."

Levy squealed in a whisper but we needed to take cover so I had to pull her so we could get out if here.

____________________________________________________________________________

"Now, why the HELL did you pull us out of there?! It was getting into the good part! Don't you wanna know what he thinks of you as?" Levy complained as we went on our way home.

"Lev, I really don't CARE what he thinks of me. All I know is that Natsu is just pretending he likes me to let Lisanna off his hair. Well, not literally." I shrugged.

"The point is-"

"Alright, Lev," I clapped my hands together to cut the conversation. "I'll see you tomorrow. Okay?"

She sighs, nodding her head. "Okay. Fine." She walks the other way. "You're just scared to admit your feelings for him. I just know it."

"I don't have feelings for him, Lev." I spoke that sentence one last time and went on my way home alone.

He's just pretending, right?