Ch. 17 - The Date!

Ch. 17 - The Date!

As early as the sun rose up, everyone had already climbed on the bus with their things and went to their own homes. Meanwhile, Natsu and I just stopped near the school and walked home ourselves.

"Hah..." I took a deep breath when I finally changed into my pajamas then plopped myself on the sofa inside the bedroom. "Finally."

I turned the tv on by pressing the remote then decided to watch a Comedy movie. 'Ace Ventura: Pet detective' was on so I decided to watch that.

"Ace, I said get out of the tank now."

"For God's sakes, Jim, you're a doctor--not a pool man!"

"Hey," I felt the sofa on the other side flatten when Natsu sat on it, making me sit up. "What'cha watchin'?"

"Ace Ventura. Haven't you watched it before?" I asked as I continued to laugh at Jim Carrey's moves.

"I have but I never finished it." He pointed out. "Mind if I watch?"

I lifted my eyebrow at him, "Of course. This is our house, after all. We can do whatever we want."

Just when the sorrounding starts to get quiet as I expected, I heard Natsu clear his throat, seeing him pull his collar. "You do know what day it is today, don'cha?"

"Uh, it's Saturday. And...?"

Natsu made a face. He went towards me and squeezed my cheeks, making them swell up. "Itai! That HURT!" I remarked.

"You forgot. We have a date today."

Right at the moment he stated that, I didn't actually care...at all. "So...?"

"Oh, come on. You promised!"

"That was just a trick to get you to do what I want." I shrugged.

"Fine." He slammed the bedroom door closed as I heard him stomp his way down the stairs.

"...w-what's his problem?"

*Bring* *Bring*

I had answered my phone and realized it was my parents, calling. "Hello, mom and dad."

"Baby, how have you two lovebirds been, hm?" I heard Mom giggle over the phone. "Have you two been messing around?"

I rolled my eyes at their statement. "MOM." I grunted at her, "STOP overthinking things. I already told you--we aren't going to do that." I took a deep breath then tried calming down. "Why did you call?"

"Just wanted to inform you that today's your SaturDate with Natsu, remember?"

My eyes widened, "H-How did you know that...?" I blushed at the thought.

"Well, Natsu told us his plan the day before the whole beach party and his parents. He was talking about such wonderful things he's got planned for your date." Mom sighed affectionately. "Lucy, you better dress professionally. Make it sexy."

I look out the bedroom and saw Natsu on his stomach, watching TV by the living room. "S-Sure, yeah, Mom. Bye." I hang up on Mom and smiled sincerely at Natsu.

●♡●

Stomping on the floor with the last step, I made Natsu look up to me. He saw me in my dress and he just gruffed at the view. He went back to lying on his stomach, "Where are you headed?"

"Oh, stop moping now, Natsu and go upstairs, dress up like the perfect man to date." I giggled at the latter word then waited for him to gasp.

"...what? I don't get you." He stated lazily blandly.