Ch. 14 - He asked me out

I hummed melodically as I started packing one pair of a bathing suit, casual clothes and flip flops. Oh, and the sun block. I almost forgot them.

"What the hell are you doing?" I turn around and saw Natsu leaning his back by the door as he scratched his back using the wooden stick shaped to be a cat's paw.

"Packing my things."

"For what?"

"Are you seriously that forgetful? The beach party's friday which is tomorrow after school. An overnight swimming, you said? Loke texted you." I stated, trying to jog up his memories.

"Oh, shit. I forgot that damned party. Ugh." he plops himself on the bed playfully then rested on his stomach, facing his pillow.

"Aren't you going to pack?" I asked. I can't believe this guy acts like a 5-year-old and thinks like a 60-year-old grandfather.

"Pack my stuff, will you, Luce? Too tired..." he started making his usual snoring sounds, pretending to be asleep.

"No way, mister." I roll my eyes at him as I continued to pack mine. "Just because we're 'married' and get along doesn't mean I have to take orders from you." I stated blandly.

"Come on, Mrs. Dragneel." he smirked then states Mrs. Dragneel in a teasing way.

"Still a no. Stop calling me that." I zip up my bag then fluffed up the pillows and placed them in between us. Then plopped myself on my side of the bed.

"Come on? Please. Please. Please...?" Natsu looked at me with his woeful eyes as he held my hands together.

"Oh, you have got to be kidding me." I shook my head, shoving his hands back to his chest. "N-O. You go pack your things. You have your own bag. You don't even have a lot of stuff."

"I'm too lazy..." he stated as he started groaning.

"Well, then, be un-lazy." I went and slept comfortably that night even though Natsu kept shaking the bed just to wake me up.

I gently scratched the sides of my eyes as I could still hear Natsu's snore and his hand weighing on my stomach with his saliva dripping down to his pillow.

"Natsu," I glare at him even though he was sleeping innocently by my side. "You have got to be the worst bunk mate I have ever ever slept beside with."

~♡~

Right when I heard the alarm on my phone ring exactly at 5 o'clock, I wiped the sweat off my face, got up and then went downstairs to cook breakfast.

After I had eaten my share, I went upstairs and shook the bed to wake Natsu up. "Natsu, you better wake up now or so help me, I will-"

"...that's too much for a girl... too big... F-sized cups are too much for a guy's hand..." Natsu snored off after he's broken his trails. My eyes widened after I heard his line.

I felt my face heat up. I had to take advantage of him in his sleep. I roll my sleeves up, rolled Natsu off the bed then rolled him out of the bedroom.

"You pervert!!" I screamed even though he was sleeping soundly like a baby.

~♡~

"I hate him. I hate him. I hate him. I. HATE. HIM!!!" I stated angrily as I took advantage of my hatred of Natsu on the chicken I was eating. I forked its insides and slowly crashed its bones.

"Lucy, you are torturing the poor thing. The poor thing is dead already! Stop it." Levy pulled my plate away from me, making my fork land on top of the table.

"That Natsu...is really the WORST! He is such a pervert!" I screamed at the top of my lungs.

"Oh, come on. What happened?" Levy asked, still keeping the tortured dead chicken away from me.

"I-I heard him... talk in his sleep..." I blushed, remembering what he said.

"What was he saying?" Levy asked curiously.

"M-M-My... b-b-" I exclaimed due to annoyance then looked away, shaking my head. I punched the table, almost making the plates fall down the table due the embarrassment I felt. "I swear--I'm so gonna prank that guy so much he wished he's never fooled me like this!"

"Really...?" Levy asked sarcastically.

"What, you don't believe me? Your own best friend? Does that word even mean anything to you?"

"All I'm saying is that yiu are always overreacting your reactions." Levy shrugs along with her answer.

"Whatever." I ignored her statement and slumped on the table.

"By the way, have you prepared your bag for the overnight beach party?" Levy giggled along with her question.

"Of course I have! Honestly, I'm so excited to go to this trip! I am, really!" I gasped.

"Really? It doesn't show." she stated sarcastically.

"Luuuucccyyyyyyy~"

Speaking of the devil. I turn around and saw the pervert, running towards me with a face full of his cheeky grin. "Luuuuuucccyyyy~" he continued to call my name.

"Just how long are you gonna run around, saying my name!?" I snapped, shouting at him in front of the cafeteria.

"Eek!" he stopped to his tracks then pouted, pretending to be a child. "I'm sowwy, wucy..."

"STOP apologizing." I exhaled, trying to calm my voice down. "What do you want now?"

"Actually, Loke wanted me to help him hand out the tickets for the beach and the invitation. Seems like his birthday's today-which is why he wanted everyone to come." Natsu shrugs casually along with his statement, handing over an envelope that had a writing, To Lucy Heartfilia.

I opened the envelope and saw an invitation and the ticket to the beach.

"I see. Tell Loke happy birthday for me, 'kay?"

He shook his head, "Nope."

I lifted an eyebrow at him, "And why not?"

"Promise me first," he took a step forward, staring deep in my eyes, "That you won't always raise your voice to anyone you talk to."

I blushed, "BU-"

"Y'know," Levy whispered to me. "A girl raises her voice whenever she talks to the guy she has a crush on." Levy winked.

I nudged Levy's elbow annoyingly. "Shut up." I turn to face Natsu furiously. "Natsu, I can't promise you that. Can't it be any wish-?"

He snapped his fingers, "Go on a date with me for a day, huh?"

I blushed. "NO! No way! No way! No way! I-I won't do that!"

"Fine. Wish Loke happy birthday yourself." Natsu folded his arms, walking away.

"Fine. I can do that."

He turns back to me and kneeled in front of me, "Please! Let's go on a date!"

"W-Why do you even want to-wait, is this some kind of prank!?"

He shook his head rapidly. "No! I swear! It's true!"

"Tell me why first. One. Good. Reason. Why I should go on a date with you."

He taps his chin and smiles, "Pops said dating makes you get to know your spouse better."

I blushed, "But-But-"

"She says yes, Natsu. Expect the date on Saturday." Levy winks, racing me to my answer.

I glare at Levy and Levy ran away.

"Great! Wahoo!" Natsu ran back to the court with his arms raised in the air.

I slapped my face with my palm and groaned, "Jeez..." I blushed at the thought. Dating, huh?