Ch. 43 - piggyback race

ch. 43 -piggyback race

____________________________________________________________________________

In one swift movement, I backed away a lot from Natsu, casting a huge distance with my hands raised to my chest level, waving them sideways as a signal for Sting to know it was a 'no'.

Sting lifted a brow. "The hell are you doing?" he folded his arms up in the air to let his head rest in between them.

"I--I, uhh..." I suddenly gulped automatically, uncertain what to do in this scene. What am I gonna do? A lot of people have already found us out. Just when I was about to speak, someone spoke in a nonchalant way.

"Luce and I aren't really together. We just used wifey and hubby as endearments." Natsu shrugged, stretching his arms out, making me look in his direction. I quickly looked toward Sting to check his reaction.

He sighs, shaking his head. "Well, whatever. Not like I was that curious." he squinted his eyes at Natsu, who seemed unaware of the situation when he was simply picking his nose with the use of his pinky. I frowned at his action. "Natsu..." I slapped my own face as a sign that I felt embarrassed for him. How can he pick his nose at a time like this?

"Attention, everyone!" a voice with the use of the mic was heard. Everybody looked at the person on stage, revealing Erza, Principal Mavis and the other teachers seated beside them paying attention. "As you may have noticed, Mira-san changed the partnerings to her liking and to my votes, also." Principal Mavis giggles slightly, then cleared her throat to speak again. "Well then, we've arrived here--the first destination of our trip, Fiore's one and only HS gym! Go and reach out to your partners as I explain the rules."

I look to my right and saw Natsu's arms hanging by his waist. His arms seemed free. There was this urge for me to reach and pull him by the arm while the other half wants me to control myself and let him do the first move.

"...lucy," I gasped when someone all of a sudden tapped me on the shoulder. Turning around, I saw Lisanna. "Principal Mavis said to grab hold of our partners." she was looking away when I noticed Sting kept staring at her. Her arm was hanging on his. But, I wanted to make sure she was correct, sure enough, she was.

As if instinctively, my arm placed itself in Natsu's open arm. He looks to his side with a surprised look on his face. He suddenly grins and that's what made me feel like an idiot, having a puzzled look on my face. "W-What now...?"

"Nothing. This is the first time you weren't angry with me."

My heart kept raising itself after he stopped talking. I wanted him to say more stuff about that. But, I held on to the place where my heart lies, telling it to stop. Deciding to stop distracting myself, I listened carefully to the principal's instructions.

“First things first, group yourselves according to the number behind the paper given to you. We must group you in order for everyone to take turns because you are too many to be just doing one activity. This way, you guys will be able to accomplish all activities in time then take your lunch.” Principal Mavis suddenly drooled at the thought.

Natsu and I pulled out our crumpled papers and saw our group ; group 1. We nodded at each other then walked towards the sign where Gray was holding it up.