Ch. 28 - she's too clingy!

____________________________________________________________________________

Lucy's P.O.V.

I couldn't help but fumble through the sheets. It felt awkward sleeping in the same bed with Natsu--right after I had confessed to him, that is. Even though he didn't hear me, I still felt embarrassed.

“Hey, N-Natsu,” I called out to him. “Are you, by any chance, awake?” I asked nervously, hoping he was still fast asleep.

“Aye, mate...” I heard him whisper in a groan-ish tone. I felt the bed move a bit when he moved. “what, can't sleep?” he asked.

I went to the other side of my body, making me face his back with the pillows separating us both. “I-I just... have something I want to ask. I've been meaning to ask you this since the fireworks stopped.”

The thought that Natsu may turn to face me--was scary. But, I was glad when I thought wrong. “What was it?” he asked, a hint of groaning in his voice and a little bit of yawning.

I blushed and clenched on to my fists. “Did you or did you not hear the words I told you during the fireworks show?”

He muffled his sentence. “...eah...”

“W-what? I-I'm sorry. I didn't hear you...?”

“Sure. But... can you at least pass the... gra... vy...?”

I should've known he had fallen asleep at this time. After all, he was being too hyper about the fireworks show earlier. Shouting and jumping like a little kid. Well, I think that's one of the things I liked about him. Not afraid to be himself.

Unlike me, who keeps her secrets to herself.

____________________________________________________________________________

the next day . . .

        While Levy was searching for that book she had always wanted to borrow, I stayed with her and continued staring off into space, thinking of Natsu the whole time. I'm so worried about him finding me out.

“So, tell me,” Levy asked with her arms placed on her hips. “Just when exactly are you going to fall for Natsu?”

I shook my head, ignoring her question. “That is so out of the question, Levy. Like I told you, Natsu and I plan remaining as friends.” I crossed my arms, filled with confident that she didn't notice anything.

“Friends? Even though you two are married?”

I nodded. “I know. It sounds weird but, we're doing it.” I reassured her.

She rolled her eyes, shaking her head. She giggled. “Okay, okay, whatever.” she sighs as she finally found the book she was looking for. “OMG.” She almost shouted.

I felt like freaking out when I realized the librarian glaring daggers at us. “Lev, we need to keep it down...”

“L-Lucy... l-look...” Levy felt her hands shake. I looked in the direction of where she was pointing.  She was pointing towards Gajeel, who apparently is reading her favorite book. She swooned. “I-I can't believe it...” she takes a deep breath. “S-Should I... go over or-?”

Before saying anything, I pushed her towards Gajeel's table. “Eh? W-wait!” Levy blushed when she felt herself plop on top of the table Gajeel was using. She blushed even more when they slowly stared into each other's eyes. “A-Ano... I-I'm sorry...”