Ch. 27 - change of view

____________________________________________________________________________

Natsu's P.O.V.

    Later, while I was eating a peanut butter and jelly sandwich which I made myself,  I noticed Lucy come down the stairs, tightening her grip on to her pink tank top while she was wearing navy blue shorts. She coughed after she sat across the table.

“Jeez. Not only are you densed but you're a pervert, too? How much more am I going to experience your pervertedness?”  she blushed as she was making herself a cheeze sandwich.

“I told you,” I started explaining myself. “I had my eyes shut closed the whole time and besides, don't you know how to lock doors when you're taking a bath?!” I spat back at her, banging my arm angrily on the table.

“Y--You didn't see anything?” she blushed, taking a quick glimpse of me.

I nodded. “Yeah. I didn't see anything.”

She sighed in relief then nodded. “Well, sorry for being careless. I thought you'd be waking up later than me so I figured I'm secured.”

She started eating her sandwich while we were talking. “Oh yeah, I--”

She cut her sentence off when her phone rang. She opened and groaned in despair. “Why? What is it?” I asked.

“Mom texted...” she trailed off her sentence.

“Well, what is it?” I asked as I continued to rinse my mouth by drinking water.

“She wants us both to come by the house. Said she wanted to know how we're doing.” she shrugs, placing her cellphone by the side of her plate.

“Well, what are we waiting for? Lets go, then.” as I rushed up to our room, Lucy made me stop when she spoke.

“I... I don't know how to face them. I don't want to face them. I hate them.” Lucy gripped on both to her fists in anger. “I hate them for forcing our marriage. Making us live together just like that. Like they don't even care about us.”

I went to Lucy's side and patted her head. “Idiot. You can't hate your parents.” I wrapped my arms above my chest as I continued to speak. “I mean, sure, you think this whole marriage thing is pointless and I get that we're just graduating students but maybe this whole marriage thing has more of a kick to it than just some kind of agreement. Do you get what I'm saying?”

Her eyes widened. She blushed. And to cover that, she used her hands to cover each side of her cheeks. “E-Er, w-what do you mean by... that?”

I looked away, scratching the back of my neck while I felt my blood rise up to my cheeks. “Iya, well, uh, I don't know... it just feels like this marriage is more than just an agreement to me.”

Lucy's P.O.V.

I could feel my cheeks heat up by what he said. Stupid Natsu. Why do I always have to feel heat when I'm with you? Make it stop.

“So,” he clapped his hands once and rose up from his seat then went into the room to get dressed. “I'll get dressed first before you do then just come up when I'm done.”

Could it be...? Is it possible...? Natsu and I are...?

“It's just your imagination, Lucy. You're totally losing focus. It's impossible.” Shaking my head, I went and prepared the outfit I'm gonna wear to go to Mom's house.

***

Natsu and I ate in silence when both our parents were talking, making small talk. I could feel my hand shudder and sweat. I could feel my inner self have this urge to come out and say how I feel about our marriage.

Natsu seemed to have noticed because he patted me gently on top of my hand and made me look at him. “Tell your parents how you truly feel, Luce. he advised. “I'm sure they'll listen to you and understand.”

I smiled softly at his comfort and shook my head. “Thanks, Natsu but, I think it's for the best. I mean, both our parents are bestfriends. I don't want to ruin their happiness.”

Mom clapped her hands, cutting our conversation. “Alright, you lot, it's time for the fireworks!”

Natsu gestured me to come with him. And I followed. Our parents went to the backyard where our garden lies. Meanwhile, Natsu and I delayed by staying behind by the glass doors. He leaned against the glass door and stared at me.

“What?” I asked, looking curiously at him.

“Why did you suddenly change your mind? What happened?”

I blushed, looking at the sky. “N-Nothing, really. I just...” I shrugged. “Some part of me is telling that I shouldn't ruin my parents's happiness. Even if it means sacrificing mine.”

Natsu nodded, looking away. “So, you think of our marriage as a sacrifice?”

I looked in his direction and softly chuckled. “Yes.” a long, awkward pause. “But, believe it or not, I don't think I'm angry anymore.”

He looked surprisingly happy in my direction. “Why is that?”

“I got to know you and I don't think you're a bad person in my perspective anymore. I forgot an important lesson my parents taught me when I was little--you musn't judge a person you don't know.” I sighed in relief. “I had trust issues and I figured you were going to add to my problem list but you are now crossed off that list.”

He chuckled. “I'm taking that as a compliment.”

He held out his hand and pulled mine. “Friends.”

Friends . . .

*BOOM*

Natsu and I got startled when we heard the fireworks pop in the air. Mom and Dad called us out. Natsu and I stand side by side as we watched the whole fireworks show.

I stared deeply into the fireworks. Later, I find myself staring at Natsu. I saw how happy he was. How he was enjoying our time together.

That's when I realize . . .

“Natsu,” I called out to him. He looked in my direction and laughed. “NYAHAHAHAHA!! THIS IS SO FUN! I CAN'T HEAR ANYTHING!”

“I think... I'm falling in love with you.”

“WHAT?!” natsu yelled, unable to understand my statement. I simply laughed at his remark and shook my head.

“Nothing. It was nothing.”

I get it now. The reason why my heart kept racing all the time was because of my feelings for Natsu.

But now the problem I'm facing is... does he... have feelings for me?