Ch. 06 - Newly-weds at the reception

______________________________________________________________________________

I gripped on to the stem of my bouquet of roses with the other arm hanging on Dad's arm. Mom on my other side. The piano and the choir started singing when the three of us walked down the aisle.

I could feel my heart pounding. My grip tightened on Dad's sleeve. Dad must've realized because he patted his hand over mine and held it.

I looked up to him as we walked. He was smiling as if we were talking telepathically, I heard him speak, 'Everything is gonna be alright, Lucy'.

I just nodded and hoped nobody sees my face under the veil. I don't want anyone looking at my face. I don't want anyone to remember this day.

The music lay low when we arrived at the altar. Mom kisses my cheek and whispered, "Good luck." I turned to Dad and he was looking both at Natsu and I. "I wish you both best of luck."

I looked away. Natsu smiled honestly and nodded. "I will, sir. Don't you worry."

Natsu handed his arm out. Automatically, I hang my arm on his. He smirked when Dad went to his seat. "Ready, sweetheart?"

I blushed, looking away. "As if I wanted to do this." I heard him sigh as he escorted the boh of us towards the altar. The priest came and started making his speech from the bible.

I wasn't really paying attention. I was looking away from everyone so, basically I was either looking sideways or down at my feet. Oh, how I wanted to complain how painful my feet are because of the recent sprained ankle and the heels.

I felt Natsu lean in, "Y'know, everyone can see you so, it's best not to move too much."

I blushed and decided to just look straight at the altar. Natsu and I looked at each other, mouthing our vows as we each slipped our rings on each other.

I feel heavy carrying such responsibility.

"Do you, Lucy Heartfilia, take this young man Natsu Dragneel to be your lawfully wedded husband?"

I gripped on Natsu's arm sleeve, biting my lip. "I-I do..." Although, I wanted to say I DON'T. If I said that instead, I'd run as quickly as I can to get out of the Church and get hit by a meteorite and wake up, thinking this was all a dream.

"And do you, Natsu Dragneel, take this lovely young woman Lucy Heartfilia as your lawfully wedded wife?" The priest smiled at both of us and nodded.

"I do." Natsu grinned.

The priest closed his bible and nodded, "Then, by the power vested in me, I now pronounce you--husband and wife." The priest looked at Natsu and gestured him to face me. "You may now kiss the bride."

Natsu and I faced each other. Natsu removed my veil, placing it on top of me. He held both of my hands. As he slowly leaned in, I managed to whisper.

"Natsu, are we really doing this...?"

"Of course we are. We need to." He was about to kiss my lips but, I managed to make him kiss the side of my lips, instead. Well, nobody saw that since I pulled Natsu to my left side.

Everyone just stood up and applauded for the two of us.

Natsu wiped the lipstick from his mouth and looked unsatisfied, "Wha-? Hey, no fair. Do over." He demanded, holding both of my shoulders.

"No way, Natsu!" I stepped on his toe by the heel of my heels, making him jump like an idiot as he held his hurt toe. I giggled at the sight.

"You look stupid, idiot!" I laughed as I pointed at him. I was about to ran out of the Church but because of the red carpet, I managed to trip on myself.