Ch. 35 - He noticed me!

By the way, this chappie is so dedicated to @Maddkd for her effort on reading M.A.E. for one whole day! XD I dunno, I just feel proud of her. Hahahahahah!! Anyways, enjoy the chappie! :3

____________________________________________________________________________

Ch. 35 -  He noticed me!

____________________________________________________________________________

Levy's P.O.V.

    Lucy's taking so long. I wonder what happened... I looked at the person in front of me--Erza, who had been eating her strawberry cake for the last ten minutes that had passed.

“So, you...like cake?” I asked as I finished eating my lunch. She was still mincing her cake and hadn't touched her lunch.

She gulps down then drinks her milkshake. “Oh, uh--yeah. I like strawberry, especially. Why? Is it...bothersome?”

I shook my head. “No! No, please, continue. I was just curious, that's all.” I laughed nervously. She takes things too seriously but, as Lucy told me, this is her first time having friends.

I stared at the oblivion. And that oblivion was Gajeel, strumming his guitar beside Gray's table. I could see some of the guys feeling annoyed, throwing food at Gajeel but he easily dodged all of them. He's so flexible. I told myself.

“So, Gajeel, huh?”

I almost choked, eating my lunch then looked up to her, blush rising up to my cheeks. “Eh?! H--How could you possibly know that?!”

Softly, she chuckles. “You can call it a 'super power', I guess. ” she wiggles her eyebrows then nudges me by the elbow. “So, why don't you go near him? Redfox may seem to be difficult to go near to but he's surprisingly the shy one himself.”

My eyes widened at the fact, remembering that day when Lucy 'accidentally' made me fall beside Gajeel. We never spoke after Lucy had left. All he did was read books and I had to pretend I, too, was reading.

“I--I don't think I'll be able to make him look at me...” I said shyly, crouching. “And.. wee barely talked back then. What's the use if I tall to him now?”

Erza let her hair fall in front of her shoulders smoothly and bit her lip. “You never know. People change everyday. My advice to you--is to take the chance and give it your best shot.”

I breathed, looking in Gajeel's direction. He was fixing his guitar since it had a few broken strings. Nobody was bothering him, it seems.

“I--I seriously can't do this. I--I don't have the strength.” I shook my head, hugging myself for comfort.

Erza nods, “I conpletely understand. I mean, who would take an advice about love from a person who hasn't encountered it yet?” she chuckles softly under her breath.

I looked up to her, feeling a little guilt and sensing something about her. “Erza, it's not that.” I told her then when she looked up to me, I felt like she was feeling a little down herself from my low self esteem.

I had to toughen up, gripped to my tiny fists then stood up, walking straight towards Gajeel, who had been tickling his guitar strings.

I stopped when I arrived behind him. I blushed, holding on to the hem of my skirt, not knowing what to say. “Ga--Gajeel!” I called out to him.

He twitched a bit at the sound of my voice, slowly turning around. My heart quicken when he had been using his death glare at me. Not that I was scared, I wasn't. I was in awe.

“Who're you?”

I closed my eyes then said, “I--I'm L-Levy. I-I'm in the class next door to yours... I-I guess I-I'm saying that... I... I...” go ahead and just say it, levy! Say you have always liked him and won't take no for an answer!

He lets go of his guitar, placing it by the table beside him then folded his arms. “Well, go on,”

I couldn't get enough words out from my mouth and kept stammering. Then, I knew I had to put a stop to it and strengthen myself up. “C--Can I be your friend?” eh? "I--I had always been a fan of your music.” what the hell just came out? "I--I was wondering if maybe you could give me some pointers to improve my singing?" What the hell are you doing, Levy?!

He looked at me like I had the scent of a liar. That's why my whole body shivered at his every gaze. He sat back but then hopped on to his feet, looking down on my literally.

“Okay, then. You can call me Gajeel. This is such a rare opportunity! To have a hardcore fan like you. I never would have guessed.” he sounded a bit sarcastic but seemed to be forcing himself to muffle his excitement. This is a good sign.

He shook my hand and smirked. “Gihi! Just know that you can always come to me whenever you want to. Especially when it's about music.”

He gave me some kind of secret code handshake of some sort then ran off. "See ya. Gihi."

I couldn't help but blush at the moment, making sure I wasn't about to squeal. “I...I did it!” now I get to talk to Gajeel! Sweet! Well, sort of.

____________________________________________________________________________

Lucy's P.O.V.

     “I don't really get you! How come whenever a girl comes near you, I don't say a thing about it?! While you react to one fricking guy who just saved me from falling.” I complained with my arms crossed on my chest as we walked through the hallways.

He scoffs, “Falling for who? Him? He saved you from falling for him?” he seemed a little bit angrier than he was earlier. Now, he seemed a bit more scarier.

I rolled my eyes sarcastically and decided to calm down first. “He saved me from falling to the floor, idiot. He just grabbed me by the wrist. That was all there was to it, stupid.”

He stopped walking, making me stop, too. I felt like he realized it. With a small sigh and scratching of his back, he shook his head. “God, I'm a complete idiot...” I heard him whisper.

I shook my head. Did I hear him right? Then, does that mean... he really was jealous?

“Fine, whatever you say. Let's go home, then. Right now.”  he pulled me by the wrist, walking through the door of the school.

“But... it's still lunch time...” I told him, as he continued pulling me out from the school.

“Who cares?”

I care, stupid! I can't afford to cut classes!” I let go of his grip then dragged him back into the school by pulling him by his scarf. “And besides, what the hell's with the stupid scarf? Its frigging hot in here! Not even that cold!”

“Hey! Don't disturb the Natsu Dragnee signature scarf!” he defended.

“Whatever!” as I thought, he really is an idiot. And that will never change, I guess.

...but, that's a good thing, I think. It's what makes Natsu... Natsu.

“That's why I love you, idiot...” I whispered under my breath as we walked normally towards the cafeteria.

“Ah? Did you say something?”

I shook my head, “I think you need to clean your ears later, Natsu.”

“HAH?! MY EARS ARE ALWAYS CLEAN, THANK YOU VERY MUCH!” He pouted, stomping towards Gray and the others.

I shrugged and giggled softly. “Lucy,” I turned around and saw Lisanna standing before me with woeful eyes. “I...need to tell you something.”