Ch. 50 - Finally!

Ch. 50 - Finally!

Lucy's POV

I still couldn't believe the fact that Natsu kissed me in front of our batchmates. But, it wasn't intentional since he had to save my life. EVEN SO! I got scared when the fact that almost all the grown ups who have encountered us doing something about lovey-doveying, they would always approve of it. All I can say is, I haven't seen an appropriate grown up who would separate the two of us from being public displays of attention in front of them.

"Heya, Luce."

I almost let out a shriek when I almost fell from the booth I was sitting on beside the pool when Natsu sat beside me on the very same booth, making me hold to my chest. "Natsu, what the hell? At least give me a warning when you're near me."

"You've been avoiding me since you woke up." he observed. Using my peripherals, I could feel him intensely staring at me which wasn't good yet at the same time, also good but not now since I was still feeling awkward of what he had done.

Even though it was needed. It was still my second kiss.

He looked away from me, playing with his fingers. "Did I do something wrong again?" he raised his hands up, "I'm thinking aloud here but, I always seem to mess up whenever I do something to you. You would always end up being rude and mean to me."

I gulped, I wish I could tell you why. But, for now, "I... I just realized--Thank you for saving me, Natsu. I just felt awkward since it felt like...we kissed for the second time and this time, in front of them all."

He shrugged, "So? What of it? I had to save you. You're special to me, Luce. I can't just let any other guys kiss you in front of me. That would be worse." he paused, wrinkling his face with his furrowed eyebrows. "Wait, are you mad at me for the cpr?"

I quickly shot a surprised look at him, rapidly shaking my head. "Wha-? No! No, no! I'm not mad. Why would I be mad? I should be grateful for you saving me. Just...don't mind me for now. I'm feeling like a drama queen again. I'm just--oh nevermind. I'll end up looking like I'm bullying you, so..." I pouted at the end of my sentence when I felt him caress my head.

"Luce, I have something I need to tell you." he stated, making me nervous for all of a sudden.

My eyes widened at his statement. "Well, this is new."

He covered his mouth, looking down on his hands for a moment but then, he turned his gaze upon me, a blush rising to his cheeks. I felt my cheeks burn when he held both of my hands. "Lucy, I-I've been feeling strange around you ever since the first kiss."

I felt down when he said that. "Y-You mean... strange as in you're creeped out--"

"No." he quickly declined, tucking strands of my hair behind my ear. "I... I think... I... My heart always beats faster whenever we stare at each other. I-I would always, always stare at your back to make sure no one would do anything to harm you. I know it's creepy, maybe you're thinking I'm a stalker but, I'm married to you."

"Natsu! Y-You can't say that out loud here. If anyone hears you, we're doomed!" I said, looking around to make sure nobody heard us.