Ch. 38 - Prez takes the day off

____________________________________________________________________________

Erza's P.O.V.

   I had stopped working on getting every highschool students their partners for the upcoming fieldtrip when I looked out the window and just stared at the horizon. Watched as the sun set itself down to sleep, waiting for its brother, the moon, to come up and take its shift.

“Knock, knock?”

My thoughts got flushed down when it was interrupted by knocks coming from the door. I looked and saw Mirajane the librarian come in, holding a new stack of papers. She placed the stack of papers beside the table I was working on.

Tying my hair into a messy updo bun, I wore my glasses and went back to work. I had almost forgotten how important being the student council president was.

“Ahem,” I heard Mirajane clear her throat, making me listen to her call, not bothering to look up. “Yes, Mira-san? Can I help you?”

“Well, it's just that I've been looking around on campus and you, Erza, you've not even taken a break from all your hardwork, haven't you?” She asked, making me speed up my handwriting.

I laughed softly, “Being the S.C.P. is a lot harder than it sounds. It's not all about being famous and controlling the school, sometimes you need to work hard yourself to make students believe you're doing this for their own good.”

Mira-san giggles softly, eavesdropping on my work. “You know what?” she suddenly grabbed my pencil and made me lose my focus. I removed my glasses and handed my hand to reach for the pencil.

“Mira--”

“Take the day off. I can finish things up here.” she winks along with her order. She grabbed an empty seat from one of the S.T. members and started doing the work.

“Mira-san! Please, it is my job to do so.”

“You've already worked out too much, Erza. I've known you since you were just in middle school and I know how stressful you must be by now...”

By her tone of voice, it made me stop and realize about my past. I gulped, gripping on to the hem of my skirt, looking down on myself. “Mira-san... that is in the past.”

She sighs, “You need to make changes, Erza. You're already in senior high. Do something exciting for once. Go out with some friends or date your boyfriend.” she shrugs. “At least anything unstressful for the day.”

Before I could interrupt, she raises a finger to stop me. “Go on. This is an order. I won't tell anyone. I promise.”

At first, of course, I was hesitating to go but then suddenly, I remember my old childhood friend whom I haven't seen since the beach party. Maybe I should hang out with him since he's been oh, so pleading me to do so.

I grabbed the strap of my bag and hugged Mira-san. “Thank you so much, Mira-san.”

____________________________________________________________________________

Later, I have finally arrived to his school. My childhood bestfriend who's a year older than me. Hes in college right now and I plan to go to his college once I graduate.

A tall man with soft blue hair came out, taking a piece of a cigarette from his pocket. He was about to light it on when I snatched it from his hand, making him look furiously in my direction. He was surprised at first but then, smiled widely, rushing in to hug me.

“Erza!” he called as he kept hugging me tightly. “It's been so long. What are you doing here?” he asked after letting go of the hug.

I shrugged, “Our counselor gave me an advice--that is to enjoy this day off.” I managed to let out a soft giggle then, stared at him with full attention.

He smiles, “And you're spending it with me,” he chuckles, wrapping his arms around my waist, making me be pulled closer to his chest. “I wonder why?”

I chuckled nervously, pushing him away from me then held his hand. “Isnt it obvious? I wanted to see an old childhood friend of mine whos always been nagging at me for not spending much time with him that much.”

He smirks, “Let's go, then.” he wraps his arm around me with mine wrapped around his waist. We may look like lovers but, we aren't. We're just used to walking together like this since kindergarten.

I've become so used to this, I didn't even care what others think of our relationship.

__________________________________________________________

My eyes widened in awe, making me gape at the place he dragged me into. I looked at him with a cocked eyebrow, “Seriously? The bar?” I shook my head in disbelief. "I can't believe you, Jellal, you know I don't like hanging out in bars."

He shook his head, placing a hand on my head. "No, it's not what it looks like, Erza. It's a bar where people read their poems to the audience."

I lifted an eyebrow, making me groan. "That's even worse!" I reacted. "You know I--I may like reading textbooks but, I don't like reading poetry. Unless needed."

He sighs, nodding his head. "Fine. Let's go to the Sakura Tree Park, instead." He grabs my arm yet again and dragged me towards the park near his place.

The park was grassy, clean and full of couples who eat at their picnic blanket while others were playing with their kids. "Man... now, you're irritating me for being single." I shook my head, looking at the chuckling Jellal. "It's not funny! You're really making me regret my friendship with you." I started laughing beside him.

We managed to plop ourselves on the grass under the nearest tree. I looked up and soon saw the sky colored scarlet with a tint of orange.

"Hey," Jellal called, making me look in his direction. "Remember how I got you a nickname?"

I took a deep breath and nodded, "Crystal clear. You named me after seeing the sky... plus my hair."

"Scarlet." He chuckles softly at the name, holding out his hand, which I intertwined my fingers with softly.

He stares into my eyes, looking down under my nose. He seemed nervous and hesitating. First, I had to look around--nobody from school was present. I gulped, closing my eyes, slowly coming forward to his face. Our lips an inch away together, but I had to interrupt. "Jellal,"

"What?" He rubbed his nose against mine.

"What does... this mean?"

He exhales, zooming in closer. "It means 'I love you and I've been frickig wanting you since middle school.'"

With that said, I knew I had no hesitations anymore. I zoomed myself and made him plant his lips on mine.