Ch. 26 - she knows

A/N : I know you dont want to hear my crappy excuse but I just had to tell you guys. Things have been busy since school began. Lots of homeworks, seatworks... etc... (you know the drill) and because of that, I've been unable to update. I barely hang out on wattpad anymore :( So, I wrote this in a hurry. So sorry if you'll be cliffhanged again.

XOXO,
   Clare-chan~♥

♡♡♡

Ch. 26 - she knows

____________________________________________________________________________

"Oh, no . . ."

"W--what do you mean, you're married to her?" Lisanna had stomped her feet with tears already about to explode from her eyes. "Explain yourselves!"

"U--uh . . ."

Natsu and I looked at each other then we looked back to Lisanna. She was already snifflig. Poor girl. She's probably already about to run out of tears from crying too much.

"H--how could you two... do this...?"

As she continued to cry, Natsu and I waited patiently for her to calm down and to come to her senses.

“Natsu...” Lisanna said. “Please tell me this isn't true. Because... I'm freakishly freaking out.”

Natsu ran a hand on his forehead. “I-I can explain...”

Lisanna looked at us both sharply. Those eyes. I can't forgive myself to lie to those eyes. I sighed in defeat and gripped on to Natsu's sleeve. He turned around with furrowed eyebrows.

N--Natsu... we have to tell her...”

His eyes widened. “Wha-? Why? But, you said you don't want this relation to spread out. Why would you tell this to someone like her? We can't trust her.”

I looked at Lisanna, making Natsu look at her himself. “Look at her, Natsu. She had had her heart broken and now you want to lie to her?” I shook my head at the thought. “Tell her the truth--about us.”

Natsu didn't look like he approved of my request but, he did. He turned to Lisanna and took a deep breath. “We are married, Lisanna.”

She shook her head, her bosy shaking nervously. “But, that can't be. You just met and... you're both just 18.”

“Our parents decided our marriage. We had nothing to do with it. It was for a personal reason.”

Lisanna lifted an eyebrow. “And what's that reason?”

“Our parents want our companies joined together.” Natsu stated bluntly even though it was just half the reason.

Lisanna bowed her head, making us unable to see her eyes. But, I know she's confused of everything happening so quickly. “Liar.”

Natsu and I looked at her in surprise.

When she rose her face up, she had her teary-eyed face on. “It's a lie.” she pauses. “Forced marriage? Oh, come on, people, get real! There is no such thing! This is the 21st-century, you think anyone would believe you?” she scoffed.

My sentiment's exactly.

“I know you won't believe it but, it's the truth.” I added, pulling out my wedding ring. Lisanna held her mouth while she was backing away from us. She gaped, shaking her head then turned away and ran away from us.

____________________________________________________________________________

“You... idiot!” I punched Natsu on the head when I screamed.

He held the tip of his head and complained. “Ow! W--what the hell was that for?!”

“This...” I plopped my bag on top of our bed then looked at him seriously. “is the exact reason why we shouldn't talk about our marriage in public!”

Natsu scoffed. “So, it's my fault now?”

“It is your fault, idiot!” I quoted. He paused then backs away. He couldn't say anything. “oh.”

I ran a hand through my blonde hair then sat at the edge of the bed while supporting my chin with my elbow.

“why would you even ask me if I was regretting my decision?” I asked using a serious tone.

Natsu scratched the back of his neck, sitting behind me on the bed. He shrugged. “I--I don't know. It just...felt like you've been moody ever since you made that decision. One minute, you're happy the next thing is cranky.”

I blushed, turning to look in his direction. “I already told you--It's one of those girl days.” I lied as an excuse to escape the possibility that I may or may not l-l- hate him anymore.

He nodded. “Oh, shoot. I forgot about that.” he chuckled nervously then lied himself on the bed.

“And... why are you sleeping on the bed?”

“What? I'm tired. Besides, my back is killing me.” he groaned, rolling on to his stomach.

I scoffed then tried pushing him off the bed by force but he wouldn't budge. “Natsu, go sleep on the couch-!”

Natsu almost made me squeal when he suddenly wrapped his arm around my upper body and stared into my eyes seriously. I blushed, struggling to be free of his grip. “N--Natsu, what is this? Let me go!”

He shook his head. “Just how long are you gonna make me sleep on an uncomfortable couch, Luce? Yes, I know why you want me to but you do know I respect you, right? I mean, we've been married for months. You know me.”

Words wouldn't come out. I gaped at his statement. He sighed, letting me go then rolled to his side. I pouted in embarrassment. Suddenly an idea popped into my mind. I gathered the cushions I found displayed on the couch and laid the pillows one-by-one in the middle of the bed.

Natsu's eyes widened when he saw what I was doing. “What is this?”

I smirked as I fluffed my pillow, flipping my long blonde hair and wiggled my eyebrows at him. “Just in case.” I chuckled softly then said. “Good night.” with that said, I turn the lamp off and felt the bed bounce, figuring it was too uncomfortable Natsu.

____________________________________________________________________________

Natsu's P.O.V.

   Stretching my arms as long as I could, I rub off my stomach then staggered while I was getting out of bed. Good-bye, my bestfriend. I'll be seeing you tonight. I bid my farewell message to the bed then went into the shower. Taking my clothes off piece by piece.

   Is it just me or is the shower running this early in the--holy shit.

My eyes widened. I couldn't believe my eyes. Lucy was already in the shower. Lowering my eyes down, I looked at her smooth, white-skinned back and her long blonde hair running down before her stomach.

Slowly, she turned around, about to reach the towel when she looked at me. We both paused at what was just happening. Lucy screamed, breaking the silence.

“AAAAAAAAAHHHHH!!! YOU PERVERT!!! GET. OUT!!!” Lucy continued to scream while she was fighting me back by using the shower to make me back off until she had closed the bathroom door. “GET OUT AND STAY OUT!”

She slammed the door before I could explain myself. Did that just happen? Slowly nodding with a smug on my face, I smirked. Yes, it did.