Ch. 04 - He's caring... but he has no sense of delicacy

______________________________________________________________________________

[ PHYSICAL ED CLASS ]

"G'morning, class!" Our Physic Ed teach, Yajima-san, greeted. Though he may seem like an old man like Makarov, he has quite the strength as if he was still in his early 40s.

"Before we start, I heard one of you is the transferee."

Natsu raised his hand voluntarily then went in front beside Yagima. "I am."

"Well then, introduce yourself in class. You will say your name, age, and your sport." Yajima ordered.

Natsu faced the class then smiled. "Yo! The name's Natsu Dragneel! I'm 18 years old and I can play all kinds of sports but my most favorite is basketball."

The class clapped when he was done then, Yajima handed him an instruction paper where it tells our sched in Physic Ed everyday.

"For today, I will group you guys into two teams for we will play volleyball. Whichever team scores highest first wins the game and will get a plus for the exam!" Yajima announced.

He grouped us into two, alright. Since we are a class of 20, we were grouped 10 = 10 equally. I was grouped up without Levy and that just makes it so sad...

"Five members of the team who'll play first round--come into the field!" He announced.

So, I was picked for the first round. I was teamed up with Elfman, Gray, Erza and Lisanna.

"Ready. Set." Yajima blew the whistle as the signal.

Levy started the match when she had spiked the ball. Lisanna bounced the ball over the net before it fell on the ground.

Now, Natsu blocked the ball from getting over them. Erza had saved the ball and scored us points.

"Two to Zero!" Yajima announced, flipping the score board.

Now, Elfman served the ball and it went over to Natsu's position. Natsu passed the ball to Loke, making Loke smash the ball on the ground on our side.

"Two and Two!"

Juvia served the ball. "I-I got it!" I screamed to myself and passed the ball over the net. I thought I was gonna win but then, Natsu caught the ball and brought it back to our side.

I fell down on the ground on purpose and spiked the ball upwards then, jumped up to spike the ball on to theirs. Juvia saved it, smashing it to our side.

"Two and Four!"

I panted and looked at Juvia's position. "Juvia's sorry!"

Natsu served the ball, making the ball passe don Gray. "Got it." Gray passed the ball to Lisanna and Lisanna smashed it on to Natsu's team.

"Four and Four!"

We had been playing for a while now. Yajima blew his whistle as a signal that the game is over. "The score is Eight and Twelve! Natsu's team wins in the first round!!"

Levy, Juvia, Natsu, Loke and Droy cheered, raising their hands in the air. "WHOO! WAY TO GO!"

"Yeah! You were great, Natsu!" Loke high-fived Natsu.

"Thanks!" Natsu smiled.

"Aw. Droy, don't feel sad... you should've spiked but, there's always a next time." Levy smiled, comforting Droy.

"...I'm so BIG-BONED!" Droy cried.

Natsu took a glance at me, handing out his hand. "No hard feelings?" He asked.

I sighed, grabbing his hand. "None taken." I smirked. "I'll definitely win next time."

______________________________________________________________________________

I had put the needed books out of my locker for next period. I hugged my textbooks close to my chest as I walked towards the classroom.

"OOH! WATCH OUT!" I turned and saw someone on the skateboard while holding the basketball.

"KYAA!" I was too late to move aside. The skateboard flew above me then, continued its way.

A fainted "sorry" was heard.

I was about to get up when... "Ah!" I winced in pain. I looked directly in the direction of my ankle. It was swelling up. Maybe because of a surprised fall from the skateboard incident earlier?

"Lucy?" I looked up and saw Natsu. He was also carrying a basketball and his textbooks.

I wiped off some tears. He wrapped his arm around my arms and tried standing me up but, I couldn't help wincing. "Ow!"

"Wha-? Where does it hurt?" He asked, dropping his books by the side and looked at my ankle. It was swelling red. He looked at me.

"Here." He said, crouching his back in front of me.

"W-What...?"

He grunted. "Would you just climb up? Before I change my mind and leave you here..."

I shook my head, grabbing both of our textbooks and hung on to him. He took me towards the infirmary. He landed me on one of the beds then scratched the back of his head.

"Oh, man. No nurses around here?" He asked, looking at me.

I shrugged. "Maybe they're on their break right now."

He exhales, lurking around the cabinet and drawers. He found the sanitary bam and the bandage.

He sat on the chair in front of me. "May I...?" He asked, pointing in the direction of my ankle.

I took off my shoes and socks then it was grabbed by Natsu. He laid my foot on his lap then applied the sanitary bam on it.

"That a little better?" He asked.

"Y-Yeah..." I wince in pain in a whisper.

"Seriously, what happened?" He asked as he wrapped the bandage around my ankle.

"Uh, some guy was skateboarding then, leaped over me, making me crouch in a dash. Then, it swelled up." I explained.

He exhales when he finished putting the bandage on me. "Does it still hurt?"

"W-ell, a little bit swelling."

He shrugs. "Guess I'll be staying here 'til you're alright." He lies his back beside me on the bed.

"Natsu, aren't you nervous for our wedding?" I blushed, looking away as I carressed my ankle.

"Why should I? We're getting along so, I'm fine marrying you." He stated.

I blushed. "H-Hey! Don't you even know what marriage is?"

"Huh? Uh... just like my parents. Stay together under one roof and be friends to each other."

"Y-You're not awkward having that... with me?" I asked, pointing at myself.

"Nope. Marriage could be a fun thing to get to know aach other." He winked. "Besides... how bad could it possibly be?"

I smiled. 'He's not as obnoxious as I thought him to be.'

"Also, I'm gonna set you on your diet. You're not fat but, you're heavy!"

'I TAKE THAT COMPLIMENT BACK!'

"DON'T GO SAYING COLD STUFF AFTER YOU LOOKED COOL!!" I scolded.