Ch. 40 - Stolen

Ch. 40 - Stolen

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lucy's POV

"WHAAAAAAAATT?!" Covering both sides of my ears, I did when Mom yelled over the phone after telling her what happened. She just had to call, saying she needed new updates about my life with Natsu. “No way. How could you let this happen?!”

Sighing exasperatedly, I leaned my ear back to my phone and listened to every nag Mom had to say. So, patiently, I had to listen. And when I had the chance, I told Mom, “Mom, I'm sorry. I don't have time to deal with this. Goodbye.” Hanging up on her without letting her say goodbye, I plop myself on the couch, staring at the ceiling. I covered my face with my arms to hide my blush.

I really am disappointed when I wasn't partnered up with Natsu.

“Oy,” someone called, making me look up to the speaker then, saw Natsu carrying a box of doughnuts. “want some?”

I was about to reach in when suddenly, I had remembered his outburst earlier--complaining why we weren't partnered up. My hand backed away from the box, making me look away from him, my toes curling in automatically.

I could feel at him staring at me with a weird look. “What the hell?” I heard him whisper, clicking his tongue, he sat on the couch, placing both my legs under his legs.

I blushed, struggling as I tried escaping my legs from his trap. “Oy, Natsu! Move those fat legs!” I ordered, slapping him by the knee to try and break free but he still wouldn't budge. “Natsu!” I called him once again.

He looked in my direction, eating a piece of mini-doughnut then, picked another. This time, he stared at it, pushing it towards my nose. I backed away a bit, trying to remove the tiny crumbs I found annoyingly sitting by my lips.

I had both my arms supporting my weight so I could stay sitting up with my legs still trapped under Natsu. “Natsu!”

He shook his head. “Eat one first.” he stated before grabbing me by my wrist, making me lose balance, eventually falling on my back on the couch. He climbed on top of me, still with the mini-doughnut in his hand, swaying it round and round like a big wheel.

I shook my head, “No way! I ain't hungry!” I had no other choice but the use my only hand to push the doughnut but, instead, when I did reach for the doughnut, Natsu let go of the doughnut then, grabbed my other wrist I was gonna use to attack him with. I blushed when he pinned both my wrists on top of me on the couch.

“Rushi!” he was murmuring when he bit the mini-doughnut by his teeth, slowly crouching himself towards my lips. The nearer he was getting, the hotter I was feeling through my cheeks. H-He isn't going to...?

"N-Natsu!! Too--you're too close, you know!" I screamed but he didn't seem to care. "Sho...?" He muttered, still moving forward towards my lips.

As the doughnut touched my lips, Natsu lost his balance, making the doughnut shoot through my mouth, his lips landing on mine like a landmine.

My eyes widened in terror when his lips touched mine. His hands still trapping my wrists and my legs in between his. We were still on the couch for goodness sake. If Mom and Dad were here, who knows how worse it might have gotten?

It sure took Natsu a while before pulling himself from me. “D-Dowah!” he exclaimed with full surprise, falling on the floor on his back, with me still lying on the couch--unable to accept the fact that my lips had already been stolen.

I sat up, touching my gentle lips, I could still feel the hotness of his breath, the warmth of his lips when he touched mine. Without looking at him, I felt his presence still looking at me. “Lu... cy?” he asked, sounding uncertain.

Without looking in his direction, I covered my lips and ran out of the room, locking myself in the bathroom. I opened the faucet and started rinsing my hands from the crumbs that I've gotten from his hands and just when I was just about to rinse my face, I stopped. Backing away from the sink, my back eventually went flat against the door. I touch my lips again and blushed, slowly letting myself fall on the floor.

Natsu's... my first kiss. I admitted. Never have I ever dreamed of this day to ever come true. And now that it has, what do I do now? But then again, should I really be awkward? I looked into the mirror, seeing my expression. My lips automatically curled up, showing a smile--a rejoicing smile.

“Luce...?” he knocked a couple of times randomly on the bathroom door. I was leaning against the door while I was hugging my feet towards my chest. I flinched when he knocked again, this time, softer.

“L-Look, I-I don't know what I did wrong. Come out and tell me.”

My eyes widened, making my eyebrow twitch. How come he doesn't even know what he did? The door knob was wiggling softly and I heard it *click*, making me flinch. He opened the door, revealing that I was scootched into the corner of the bathroom, beside the sink.

He had his usual poker face on with an annoyed gesture. “Oy, just what the hell are you doing? Being cooped up in a bathroom is weird.”

He bent over with his arms on top of his legs, reaching out for my hand. When I stared at him, my eyes automatically flew down to his lips. I've never seen his lips up close before and didn't realize they had actual pink-ish color. Pink Panther as a nickname for him will really work.

“Give me your hand.” he ordered softly, reaching in for my wrist. But, I pulled it close to my chest and shuddered.

“I-I can manage...” I replied softly. Slowly wiggling my way out, when I looked up, Natsu's nose landed on mine, making me feel the heat rise up to my cheeks. I backed away in shock and ended up hitting my head by the butt of the sink. “O-Ow...”

“Geez. What's the problem? You're acting weird.”

He didn't leave his gaze upon me when I did. I covered my mouth, “B-But, how could you?! Y-You stole m-my...” I touched my lips and a curve approached upon my lips. Even though this was a scene where I should be guilty and mad, I was satisfied with him as my first. After all, he is my husband.

“What? Stole your what? I ain't a thief, lady--” he stopped. His eyes were focused on me, with me pointing my finger a couple of times towards my pink lips. I pursed my lips and made a *mwah* sound, really hoping he'd realize. “Wait--” I pointed a strong finger at him with my voice ending up raising. “H-Ho-How come you don't feel awkward?! Y-You just... you just kissed me!” I stated impatiently. “Pay for it!” I demanded.

He looked away, scoffing a little. Then, raised his head, revealing a sincere smile. “Kisses don't have prices.” then he frowned. “It was just a kiss. Nothing to get worked up for.” he said with his eyes arrogantly closed.

My eyes widened. How could he not fluster at a moment like this? 'It was only just a kiss'? How can he say that? A kiss is precious to any girl. Not that I was conflicted or anything. I just can't believe that he wouldn't feel awkward if he randomly kissed a girl.

“I mean, you're my wife. We're married. So, how could I feel awkward?” he snickered. “Ha! That's what you get for resisting the Dragneel lips on our wedding!”

I rolled my eyes sarcastically, my hands instinctively ruffling his spiky hair. “You are a childish man!”

“And you're lips are stolen.” he mimicked the sound of *mwah* then chuckled, scootching closer. “We could do it in a more romantic way, if you want.” he smirked.

I looked away with my arms crossed across my chest. “No, thank you! My lips are now sealed!” and satisfied.