XXXI

"Come on, my Love." Aella stands up again, towering over me. I step back to give her room. "Let's go see our room."

Aella holds my hand in hers, and we leave her office. Going back into the foyer once again, we start to head up the stairs. The stairs are uneven stone, but just even enough I probably won't fall down them whenever I come back down.

We take a right turn off of the stairs and we swing around to the walkway above the living room. The picture windows to the left of us overlook the countryside in front of the house. There are vineyards, acres and acres of grape vines, and sheep live in a field on the very far hill, looking like small white dots in the bright green field.

"This part of the house is all ours. No one else is allowed over here"

The fireplace chimney in the living room runs all the way up to our floor, creating a sort of wall. At the end of the walkway, is a sitting room with a few chairs and a couch, a coffee table covered with books and a couple candles, and our own fireplace on the opposite side of the chimney. The wall opposite of the fireplace is the door to our room. 

"Holy shit", I breathe, looking around the sitting area. "This is beautiful".

Aella brings me close to her, burying her lips into my hair, and placing a kiss on top of my head. "You haven't even seen the best part yet, my Darling."

She brings me over to the door, and she swings it open. I walk in first, and all I can do is look. This room leaves me speechless.

It's so unlike Aella's bedroom at home. It's light, and full of life. It's more of my own style than hers. The walls are, of course, stone, but they're a lighter color stone than the rest of the house. The bed is white with turquoise blue accents. The bed is in the middle of the room. There are two white nightstands on either side with identical lamps. What seems to be my side has a photo of my family in a frame, and a red Poppy flower in a very small vase. Aella's nightstand is only a book and the lamp.

To the left of us, the balcony door is open, and a fall breeze fills the room, the white curtains bellowing in the wind. To our right, another window is open on the back wall, it's own curtains bellowing. Next to it, is the door to the bathroom, and next to that, two sets of dark finished farmhouse doors.

"This is beautiful", I breathe out. "Oh my god".

"I had your sister help me decorate. I wanted this to be a compromise to the both of us."

"What part of this room is you?" I joke. "You only like dark things."

Aella makes a face at me. "I only want what makes you happy. I don't care what our bedroom looks like, as long as I get to share it with you."

The love I feel from Aella is indescribable. I want to say that I know I love her more, but I know deep down, or maybe not so deep down, that that is not true. I love her, but she is in love with me. It's so easy to see. The only place in this house that she could have made her own, other than her office, she made for me. I could never be so selfless. A room is just a small thing, but it's always the small things, right?

I walk over to the bathroom and look inside. It matches everything in the bedroom, it's all turquoise and white. The bathtub is on the back wall, but the shower... Oh the shower. The fully glass shower is in the middle of the room, open to see in on all sides. The shower head is on the ceiling, and the glass is so clear, the only thing telling you it's there is the metal pieces keeping it all together and the small rack that holds our shampoos and such.

I go back out and open the first closet door. It's all of Aella's clothes. I never would have expected the closet to be this big. It's a walk in closet, probably 10 feet in depth. Her suit jackets hang together on the left side, her shirts on the right, and her pants and shoes hang on and line the back wall.

I then open my own. It's even bigger than Aella's, or at least wider. My everyday shirts hang closest to me on the left, then all of my dressier shirts, sweater, and dresses hang towards the back. My pants, jeans, and skirts hang on the left, and the back wall is a full shelf of all of my shoes, organized by the seasons I would wear them.

I close the door and turn around to Aella. She sits in a white chair in the corner between the bedroom door and the balcony door. "Do you like it, Darling?"

"Aella", I almost start to cry. "Everything is so perfect."

Aella stands up, and we meet each other in front of the bed. "I can't wait to start our first adventure, my Love."

"I can't wait either", I smile up at her. Aella rests her hand on my cheek, staring and studying my face as she always does, as if she's going to find something new. "I have something to ask you. It might be pretty stupid."

Aella chuckles. "No questions are ever stupid, Topolina".

"Will you be my girlfriend?" I sort of cringe at my words, but I smile through it. Who knew I would have ever been in the position to ask someone that?

Aella starts to laugh. She clasps her hands under my butt and lifts me off the ground. Aella turns me in a circle, holding me above her. I stare down at her for a change. "As if I could ever say no to that, My Love". She places a deep kiss on my lips. "Nothing would make me happier."

"I love you, Aella."

She places another kiss on me. "I love you so, so much, Poppy."