XLVII

When we leave the airport, I half expect our family's Tenerife house to be right in the center of Puerto de la Cruz, being as it's so incredibly beautiful to be in the center of everything, but the driver turns onto a road that runs parallel to the ocean.

Aella's hand grips my thigh the entire time, keeping my focus away from the thought of getting in another accident. My hand lays on top of hers, and every time she squeezes my thigh for a second, I squeeze her hand, to tell her I am focused, that I'm not thinking about the accident on purpose. 

The car drives us through winding roads along the coast. It's a total dream just watching the water crash against the beaches we drive by. 

About twenty minutes later, the road curves away from the water and into forest. But, when we take a turn off the main road, we're head back towards the edge of the island.  

A beautiful white villa appears in front of us. Though it's only one story, it's one of the largest vacation villas the family owns. Windows cover the entire front of the house, which mirror the back windows that look out over the ocean, so I can see the ocean from my seat. 

"Holy shit", I mutter under my breath. 

The car engine shuts off, which breaks me from my staring. Aella was already out of the car and at my door to open it for me. Her beautiful hands grab the handle from the outside and pry it open. 

Aella reaches her hand out for me to help me out of the car.

"I want to live here", I smile up at Aella. She pulls me closer, burying her lips into my hair. 

I feel her chuckle, and her fingers grip my hip harder. "I will get you whatever you want, My Darling", she places a kiss on my head. "But's lets get inside first."

Aella grabs both of our bags from the trunk, and I go open the front door for her. She has absolutely no problem carrying the suitcases, even though I know I overpacked and my bag weighs way too much. 

The front door opens into an open floorplan that is all naturally lit. The sun shines through every open window, feeling as if I'm outside on the beach already. I slip my shoes off next to the door, afraid to get anything in this house dirty. Aella does the same. 

Aella turns down a long hallways with a few closed doors. I watch her walk into a room on the left, opening light to the whole hallway. I walk towards the hallway, passing the huge kitchen island with a huge vase of flowers in the middle. I hear her rustling around the room when I walk in.

The room is entirely white like the rest of the house, except for the sea blue pillows on the accent chairs in the lounge area behind the entryway, and the green houseplants on either side of the bed and the coffee table between the two lounge chairs. The whole back wall of the room was sliding glass, opening to a private patio outside of the room. 

Aella has absolutely no problem pushing the huge glass wall sections open to let in the breeze coming from the ocean. When she's done, I walk over to her, and together we step out onto the patio. 

The perfectly smooth cement feels so nice under my feet, it's not too hot to be barefoot. On the patio are two sunchairs with thick tan cushions. A closed umbrella sits near the corner of the patio, matching the chairs perfectly. Off the patio is the beach, from cement to sand in just a footstep. 

Both of us take in the beautiful view. Our villa has it's own little bay, private for us to do whatever we choose. There's a dock towards the end of the beach that has a small speedboat floating next to it. The sand is white, just like the rest of the house. 

I look back and study our room a little bit more. I step back inside, over the lip in the floor where the glass slides. The bathroom door is cracked just slightly, so I push it open to reveal the prettiest bathroom I have ever seen in my life. 

The whole outside wall is glass once again, but you can't open it like you can in the bedroom. In the far corner is the shower, which is glass on three sides. The showerhead hangs from the ceiling. A huge white marble tub sits in front of the rest of the window, perfect for Aella and I to watch the sunset in. 

As I stand studying the bathroom, I feel Aella's presence behind me. She presses herself to my back, grabbing my hips firmly. I feel her lips in my ear, breathing slowly. 

"Enough exploring for right now, my darling." She places a kiss on my ear, sending shivers through my body, making me lean against her. "I want to finally take that dress off of you."