XIII

I wake up the next morning in my own bed. I must have slept for 14 hours or more. I'm naked as I was when I fell asleep in Aella's bed. But now, I'm covered in my own sheets, with the blinds drawn so little light comes in.

When I sit up, my stomach rumbles loudly. I open my phone on the bedside table to see it's 11AM. I didn't eat dinner last night because I was with Aella.

"Aella", I try to see if she's outside of my room, but no one enters when I call.

I choose to get my butt out of bed and shower. I'm covered in sweat and other bodily fluids, but I'm not really complaining. Last night was amazing.

After my shower, my body feels clean again. I go into my closet, put on a pair of leggings and a tank top, and towel dry my hair.

Back in the main part of my room, I notice a letter on my bed, laying perfectly in the middle.

Good morning, Beautiful.

I'll be out until tonight, please stay safe while I'm gone.

If you so choose, let's have dinner tonight in the city. My treat. Your driver will know where to take you.

Aella

I fold the letter back up and place it in my nightstand drawer for safe keeping.

My stomach grumbles angrily again, so I choose to go downstairs for some much needed food.

Mama is walking out of the kitchen as I come down the stairs. "Oh, Pen, I was just coming upstairs to find you. I made some pasta for us, if you'd like some".

Mama knows just how to get to my happy place, a huge smile appears on my face. "Oh, that sounds so good, Mama."

We both go back into kitchen, and she serves me a bowl of her famous carbonara, my favorite pasta dish.

I sit down quickly at the table in the kitchen and start eating. She quickly joins me with her own bowl. We both eat for a couple minutes in silence. The food quickly makes my stomach happy again.

"Aella must have had a guest last night", Mama says as she finishes a bite of her pasta. "Her and a guest had a good time. She was surely enjoying herself."

I almost choke on my pasta. "Mama", I stop her. "Leave Aella alone."

"What", Mama laughs. "I'd love to have that much fun with your father."

"Mama!", I raise my voice in disgust. "I did not need to know that."

"Oh, Come on, Penelope. Every girl wants that much fun in her life. Even your old mother."

Was I really that loud? I thought I was being quiet, but I guess I wasn't, I was in such a trance. But Aella made me feel so good. Nothing that Ace could have ever done for me. I just want that every minute of everyday. Just some rest for food and water.

"I'm going out tonight, Mama. For dinner." I change the subject.

"That's nice." She smiles. "With who."

"Mari set me up with a friend of Angelo's", I lie. "She thinks we'd be a really good fit."

"Would we know him?"

"Oh, no, Mama. He grew up with Angelo."

"Alright. Just be careful. Even if Angelo knows him, you still need to be safe. Make sure Aella goes with you."

"Okay, Mama. I will be very careful."

Mama goes on to talk about the weather, but I just can't get last night out of my head. Last night was the greatest moment of my life. I came multiple times in the matter of minutes. Ace couldn't even make me once in half an hour.

"Are you listening, Darling?" Mama wakes me from my daydream.

"Yes, Mama, I'm sorry, I'm very tired for some reason."

"Well, I'm finished. I'm going into town with your father. Because Aella isn't here, make sure you don't go anywhere until she comes back."

"Yes, Mama, of course."

"I love you, Penelope", she gets up, comes over to me, and places a kiss on the top of my head.

She leaves me at the kitchen table with my thoughts. I will never get last night out of my head. Aella is the most beautiful human being I've ever seen, and the things she's done to me.

But how will tonight go? I'm so intimidated by her, I can barely speak to her. And she wants me to go on a date with her, where we sit together at a table, and eat, and speak? I'm gonna choke on every word that comes out of my mouth because she intimidates me so much. I know that every time I look at her, I'll freeze and think about last night again.

I pick up my bowl, put it in the dishwasher, and head back up to my room. I put on a bathing suit and a coverup, then head for the pool for an extra shade of tan for tonight.