Chapter 1: Fighter

"You thought I would forget but I, I remembered (ooh-ooh-ooh)'Cause I remembered (ooh-ooh-ooh)I rememberedYou thought I would forget (ooh-ooh)I remembered (ooh-ooh)'Cause I remembered (ooh)I remembered

Makes me that much stronger (ooh-ooh)Makes me work a little bit harder (ooh-ooh)It makes me that much wiserSo thanks for making me a fighterMade me learn a little bit fasterMade my skin a little bit thickerMakes me that much smarterSo thanks for making me a fighter"

Joella

"Come on Ella, give me two more."

Throwing the final 1, 2 pair at the pads in Haden's hands. I laid down on the floor from exhaustion. Haden has been training me non stop on self defense. Not only that but he taught me how to use a gun and is currently training me on how to handle a knife.

"Come on Ella, you have this final run and we are finished." I let out a whimpered sigh before standing to my feet. Haden grabbed my hand as we walked to the elevator and back to the main floor of the Russo hotel. Once outside, Haden let go of my hand and turned to me. 

"One lap around the block and then you are finished." I frowned at him as he gave me a wink and patted my butt. 

"Come on baby, you're doing great today. You got this." He says as he looks down at his apple watch and sets the time. "Okay baby, go!" 

With that I sighed and took off down the block. This was our normal weekend routine. Since Haden was back home, I flew up every weekend and we would train at The Dungeon. I had to admit I was probably in the best shape of my life. The little extra fat I had around my waist was non existent now. My legs had slimmed up a little but there was really nothing I could do about my hips, thighs and ass. Mom made sure to tell me I was blessed with those curves and they weren't going anywhere. 

I didn't mind though. I wasn't as self conscious about my body as I was before. Haden went out of his way to admire every part of my body. That little insecure girl has been long gone. I loved myself, every part of me and I have to admit, it felt great! The moment I truly loved me, was the moment I was able to fully love Haden. He continues to help me grow and stays supportive in whatever I do. 

I'm in my last semester of college and am proud to say I already snagged my first job as a marketing manager. Haden wanted me to come to Cooper Inc. But I decided I wanted to get this job on my own and not because I was dating the owner's son.  

Maintaining my breathing and staying at a steady pace, I rounded the corner when I bumped into a hard chest. I almost fell back but was quickly caught by two arms wrapping around me. 

"Sorry." I said as I regained my balance and backed up. I looked up to see two dark brown eyes looking down on me. 

"It's okay." The man said with a slight chuckle. "You came out of nowhere." He added as he bent down to pick up some fallen papers. 

I kneeled down to help him. "Yea, I wasn't paying attention to where I was going. Normally no one is out here when I come by." I explained as I stood and handed him the papers. I then realized we were outside of Hamilton Electrics. 

"It's okay Miss-" He paused waiting for my name as he extended his hand. 

"Oh! Joella." I said as I shook his hand. His head turned sideways. "As in Joella Stevens?" 

I nodded and he smiled. 

"Nice to meet you, I'm Allen. I called you last week about your start date in a couple months."