Chapter 54: Don't Get Your Hands Dirty

Haden

"Here are the new files, your dad wants you to look over them." Rachel, dad's assistant said to me.

I nodded as I looked at her briefly. She didn't like coming to my office much. After the portraits of Ella were put up, she only came in when dad told her to, making sure to avoid looking at my wall at all cost.

"Thanks." Was my only reply. After the door shut, I went over the papers when my phone dinged. A smile came to my face as I looked at the screen. Ella sent me a string of photos of her and Logan.

Morgan and Luca wanted to go out kid free and Ella offered to watch her. I laughed at the last photo sent. Ella was holding Logan with a frown on both of their faces and Ella had a big glob of throw up on her shirt.

My Heart ❤️: I don't think I want kids anymore 😩

Me: A little too late for that 😌

My Heart ❤️: Your fault 😣

Me: Maybe, but you enjoyed every second of making them 🥵😏😌🤤💦😉

My Heart ❤️: Whatever! 😝

I chuckled silently to myself as I heard my door open again. Micah sat down across from me, a gloom look on his face.

"Why did you come in here sucking out my happiness?" I said with an eyebrow raise.

He sighed and shook his head before looking out the window. I put my phone down and gazed at him.

"How long?" I asked.

"A few months." He didn't need clarification, he knew what I was talking about.

"I know it sucks, not having the girl you want."

He scoffed and looked away again.

"How would you know? You got your dream. I'm tired man, I'm tired of the pointless, meaningless sex. I want something real. I'm ready to start a family. You and Luca don't know how good you two have it."

"We know. Which is why we work hard to not fuck it up. But if Julia was your dream girl, then you have a bigger problem than I thought."

Micah's gaze turned sharp as he looked at me.

"What do you mean? She's fucking beautiful. You were with her at one point." He pointed.

"Yea, as a place holder, she never meant anything to me. And honestly Micah, she didn't love you. She loved what you could offer and frankly she figured she could stay close to you and get closer to me. She hit on me the moment she saw me, went after Ella and you mean to tell me what y'all had was real?"

Now it was my turn to glare. I understood he was upset, but he needed to see fucking reason. Julia didn't love him. She was using him. Why else would they hide their relationship? He knew I didn't care so the only reason to hide it was because she asked him to.

He sighed again and broke eye contact. His jaw doing a slight twitch before his eyes moved down in realization.

"Trust me man, you dodged a bullet and you will find someone way better."

I'll make sure of it.

Micah looked back at me and nodded before looking around the office.

"This a safe space to talk?" He asked leaning forward.

I nodded.

"You trust Dante' did it?" He said still being careful with his words.

"I do." Micah shook his head.