Chapter 28: Chaos

Joella

I woke up to the sun shining on my face. My body ached slightly as I lifted my hand to cover my eyes. Slowly leaning up and wiping my eyes; I looked around the room when my sight landed on Haden.

I swallowed thickly as I watched the water drop from his chin, down his chest, over his amazing abs, and halt after making contact with the towel wrapped around his waist.

My eyes finally met his and I rolled my eyes at his annoyingly handsome smirk.

"Ella, you're looking at me like you want to go another round." His smooth, deep voice sent chills down my spine as I became aware of the dull ache in my core.

As much as I would love to go another round, I knew my body was still trying to recover. This man is relentless in the sheets and I knew if I went again, I wouldn't be able to walk.

"No, stay away from me," I said as I climbed out of the bed and stumbled slightly. Haden chuckled as he sauntered over to me, wrapping his arms around my waist.

"I already got your bath water ready." He said, placing a kiss on my forehead.

Nodding, I unwrapped myself from his embrace and made my way to the bathroom. Sinking into the warm bubble bath, I exhaled as my body immediately relaxed.

...

Walking out of the bathroom I watched as Haden strapped on his gun holster around his waist and tied his knife holster over his chest. He slipped on a crisp white shirt and turned to me as he buttoned it.

"Your eyes just got darker." He stated with a grin. 

I looked up at him puzzled. 

"What?" I asked, not understanding what he meant. He chuckled slightly. 

"Your eyes just got darker, which means you saw something you like. My guns and knives turn you on now?" Haden teased. 

I gestured to his abs. "When they're over abs like that? Absolutely." 

Haden bellowed a loud laugh and I had to stop myself from staring at the intoxicating view. I loved his smile, that smile made my stomach burst into a million little butterflies. After all these years, it still surprises me the effect he has on me. 

"Well, it's a good thing it all belongs to you." He said placing a chaste kiss on my nose before grabbing his ringing phone. 

"Hello?... What?!?... You're fucking kidding!... Shit!" Haden fussed as he quickly grabbed the TV remote and pressed a button, allowing the TV to come out of the wall. Hurriedly, he turned to the news and stared at the screen.

"...Shit. Does grandpa know?" I could tell by the tone of voice that he was speaking to Luca.

"Fuck! Do you know when they will be here?"

I stayed quiet and started to my closet. I glanced at the screen and realized this was the group Haden talked about earlier this year that came to the summit. From what the news was saying, one of the alleged leaders had just been arrested and the charges were serious. 

I could tell by Haden's tone of voice that this was not good. I didn't have much planned today so I slipped on some jean shorts and a white shirt. I threw on my white sneakers before clasping my ankle bracelet and walking out of the closet. 

Haden had just hung up for a few seconds before his phone went off again.

"Hey, Nonna." He answered with a sigh. "Yes. Yes, I heard." 

He was quiet for a long time. His face went from worried to blank. He straightened his shoulders and nodded sternly as if he was a soldier who just received his orders for war.