Chapter 8: Graduation

Joella

"Joella Stevens"

Claps filled the arena as I walked across the stage. My mom and uncle being the loudest of them all. I shook my head as I heard my uncle obnoxiously doing his Que dog bark making people turn to him. I laughed when I heard some other men join in the call.

"Ayye Omega's in the house!" I heard my uncle yell gaining even more laughs. 

"So embarrassing." I mumbled as I made my way back to my seat.

"I thought it was cute, and who is he? He is definitely giving off zaddy vibes." Krystal, my friend said causing me to gag. She laughed before rolling her eyes. 

"Ew, that's my uncle and he's like twice your age." I said with a disgusted look on my face. 

"Girl don't look at me like that. All that means is he is well established. He married?" 

I rolled my eyes and turned my head as I heard her laugh. Gross.

The ceremony came to an end and everyone cheered, throwing there hats up in the air. I did a quick toss up of mine. I didn't want it to fly to far away. I put a lot of work into my hat. I walked over to my family as they stood and waited for me to come out of the stadium. Once I was close enough, Haden immediately pulled me to him, wrapping his arms around me and nuzzling his head into my neck. 

"So proud of you tesoro. You're speech was amazing." He said holding me tighter. 

I smiled as I squeezed him back. "Thank you baby." He picked my lips when I heard my uncle clear his throat. We both turned to look at him.

"You know there are other people who came to see you right. Hell I flew from another country." He said with a pout. I chuckled as Haden just shook his head. 

I gave him a hug while he gave me praises on my speech and said how proud he was. Brad said the same and mom wouldn't stop crying per usual. I was happy, I graduated with a 4.0 which I maintained all 4 years. 

Also, being Haden's girlfriend helped in the social department. I knew mostly everyone on campus and whoever I didn't know, knew me. Not trying to sound cocky or anything. That's just how it was. I preferred to stay behind the scenes but in true Haden fashion, that wasn't going to happen. The only way to not have been seen would have been to not be with Haden, we all know he wasn't going to allow that. 

The football team literally acted like my security guards on campus after Haden left. I'm sure he had something to do with it, even though he says he didn't tell them to watch over me. Even now, Haden is still the golden boy. Football players are still coming up to him, asking him why he didn't go pro. Professors and  the school president have already came over to talk to him. 

Of course he's soaking it all in, being the little social butterfly he is. I shake my head as it seems like a line has formed for people to speak to him. I shake my head and laugh as he looks over at me and winks. Gotta love him. 

"So this is why that boy walks around like he's the shit huh?" My uncle said putting his arm around my shoulder. "Everyone flocks to him." I laughed and nodded. 

"Yea, it's pretty bad." I said amused. 

"You're not annoyed with the amount of girls in that line?" He asked. 

I chuckled. "Nope, keep watching unc." I said as a girl from my class walked up to him. Haden was polite but I could see his face change the more she talked. 

She made the mistake of putting her hand on his chest and he quickly moved it, his face turning cold. I don't know what he said, but she turned to look at me, her face bright red as she slowly made her way to me.