Chapter 5: Their Mother

Third Person POV

Low groans filled the dark and cold room, the pungent smell of blood present. Haden walked into the room casually as his eyes met his cousins cold ones. Aldo and Christian were both killed the night they got Ella back, but Haden wanted Matt to stay alive. 

For the past week Haden tortured Matt so he could find out who was all involved. Everyone who had a hand in Ella's suffering were to die. Every name Matt gave, he would have to watch them be brought in and brutally killed for their betrayal. 

He gave up everyone.

Matt kept his eyes trained on Haden, anger and fear mixed in them. Today was different from the other days. Each day Haden chose a tool, knife, scalpel, chainsaw, torch. You name it, Haden used it. Matt currently sat in the chair with two missing limbs, his right and left arm. Deep cuts, small and large covered his body. The torch was used to stop the bleeding and his arms were currently patched up.

His body was covered in sweat, his hair clung to his damp skin. His chest heaved slightly as his eyes now stared at the piece of steel in Haden's hand. His right eye was swollen shut along with a busted lip. 

"You know I have to admit, I'm impressed with your will to live" Haden said with a sick smile on his face. 

"Fuck you!" Matt yelled before spitting blood out his mouth."  Haden gave him a mischievous smirk as he walked closer. 

"Now now is that any way to talk to your cousin? I did you a favor, you can never touch anyone with those filthy fingers again." Haden said with a wicked smile. 

"Stop all the talking, you're going to kill us anyway, just fucking do it."  Matt spat.

"Us?" Haden asked with a tilt of his head. 

"Me and my brothers, just get it over with." 

Haden laughed as he turned to Luca. 

"Oh, no one told him?"  Luca smirked and shook his head. 

"I thought he knew." He said. 

Matt looked between both of them with hatred in his eyes. 

Haden feigned sadness as he leaned in closer to Matt.

"I hate to be the one to tell you this but Aldo and Christian died a week ago."  Haden said holding a fake strained face. "I'm sorry for your loss." He added, his face and voice turning cold as he stood up straight.  

 Joella

I sighed as we pulled up outside the Russo estate. Haden placed his hand on my leg as I bounced it up and down nervously.

"Relax tesoro," Haden spoke softly.

But I couldn't relax. I knew why Haden's grandpa wanted to speak with us and I wasn't ready. They've already said they would keep me safe once and we saw how that turned out.

Haden gave my hand an encouraging squeeze before getting out the car. I watched as he jogged to my side and opened the door. I slowly got out, reminding myself to breathe as we made our way to the door. 

The guards opened the door once they saw us approach. Bowing their heads to Haden before nodding at me. Haden grabbed my hand and led me back to a big oak wood door. He knocked and opened the door before getting a response.

His hand tightened around mine once we walked in. He stopped walking and I looked up at him to see his eyes blaring with anger. I followed his eyes to see there was a woman sitting on the couch in the corner of the study. She favored his mom a lot, same golden hair but hers was bone straight compared to Carolyn's signature curls she wore.