Chapter 4: Ultimatums

Morgan

I was laughing on the phone with Ella, while she told me about her encounter with Tanya. I was honestly the most excited person in this moment. My girl finally had a backbone! Served Tanya's ass right. I chewed her ass out the last time I saw her and that was 2 years ago. 

"I know Haden was right there lurking too." I said with a chuckle. My thoughts were confirmed when Ella laughed. 

"Literally right there the second I turned around." I knew it, the man was crazy as hell but it was all for Ella so I could live with it. 

I shook my head as if she could see me when Luca walked in. He smiled when his eyes met mine and he walked over to where I was seated on the couch.

"Hey baby." I said with a smirk as he leaned down to kiss me. 

"Hello beautiful." He replied. "Hi Ella." He said into the phone. 

Ella and I both laughed. Luca knew if I was on the phone, I was definitely talking to Ella. 

"Hey Luca!" Ella said back through the phone. Luca smirked before walking into the bathroom. 

We continued our conversation until Ella said Haden was calling her and she hung up on me! I huffed as I got up to see what Luca was doing in the kitchen. I bit my lip as I leaned against the wall, watching him. He had removed his shirt and was leaned over looking in the fridge. He looked up at me and smirked before grabbing a water and closing the fridge.

"Are you hungry?" I asked. He nodded as he made his way to me, grabbing onto my waist and pulling me close. 

"I am, but not for food." He said as he leaned his head down to claim my lips. A moan slipped past my lips as he slid his tongue into my mouth. Oh yea, he definitely didn't want food.

...

Joella

"Haden you can't control everything." I said as I pinched the area between my eyes, trying to rid myself of my ongoing headache.

"Says who?" Haden replied making me huff.

"I appreciate your concern baby, but I can handle it." 

I looked at my phone as it started to beep in my ear. I sighed when I saw it was Haden requesting a video call. I shook my head and opened up the call to see Haden staring back at me with a blank face. 

"I just want to talk to him first." Haden stated. I shook my head. 

"No Haden." His jaw clenched as he looked away.

"Haden, baby look at me." He turned his head to look at me. Anger written all over his face. 

"Do you want me to turn down the job?" 

Haden's eyes softened as he took a deep breath and shook his head. 

"No I don't want you to do that. I know how excited you are about this job." 

"Then can you please trust that I can handle myself. Why train me so hard if your still going to hover?" Haden scoffed at my comment. 

"Because I know you can kick any female's ass at this point, but not a guy. Especially if they are trained."

"Okay, but that's why you trained me with the guns and knives remember." He laughed. 

"Right, because you can walk into work fully armed with a gun and knife." I rolled my eyes. 

"Why do you think I'll need to do any of that?" I asked. 

"I don't, but I want you to be prepared. I don't trust Josh. I don't care how many years it's been."