Chapter 16: Hidden Door

Joella

I woke up to my phone ringing. I looked over to see Haden still sleeping peacefully and quickly grabbed my phone so it wouldn't wake him.

"Hello?" I answered.

"Oh thank goodness, you're okay. I was so worried." Morgan's voice came through the phone. I smiled as I climbed out the bed and walked to the bathroom.

"Yes I'm fine, I figured Luca told you Haden won." I said.

"Oh yes, he told me. I just know how you are about seeing people get hurt. I heard Haden got hurt a little and the guy was almost rendered dead. I wanted to check on your mental. How are you feeling?" She asked. I released a breath.

This is why I love Morgan, she gets me. She is my person for this exact reason. It doesn't matter how long I'm with Haden, I don't think I'll ever get used to the violence.

"I'm okay, I just. Last night I felt so uncomfortable Morg."

"Why? What he do?" I chuckled at the change in her tone. "You know I will call and cuss him out over you." She added.

"Yes, I know Morg. He didn't do anything. He just, he was so angry. I started to feel how I felt in high school. I knew he wouldn't hurt me like that again but it was like my body and my brain were not on the same page." I explained, hoping she was understanding what I was trying to say.

"Yea the way Luca was talking it definitely sounded like old Haden. But the old Haden that was willing to do any and everything to keep you safe. Not the Haden that hurt you. You are well within your right to feel the way you do. At the end of the day you've been through some traumatic shit, and Haden is not exempt for a good part of that trauma." She paused but I knew she wasn't finished.

"But..." She sighed.

"I don't know, I've never seen a man care and love on a woman the way that man does you. Hell sometimes I catch an attitude with Luca because he doesn't notice the little things about me. Haden notices everything about you. He knows what you are thinking, how you are feeling before you even open your mouth. I'm sure he knows he scared you and I'm pretty sure he's going to be kicking himself for it. Just talk to him, I'm sure there's a lot to the story you don't know."

See why I said I love her. She calmed my racing mind that quickly. I knew everything she said was right. I definitely needed to talk to him.

"You're right Morg. I will talk to him. He's still sleep, I'm going to let him rest." I said as I grabbed my toothbrush.

"Okay, I have to wake Luca up, we're about to be late to my appointment. Love you! Talk to you later."

"Love you too, bye." I hung up and brushed my teeth before hopping into the shower.

After I showered, I oiled my body and threw on my yellow biker shorts with the matching sports bra before removing my bonnet. I fluffed my hair and walked back out into Haden's room.

He was still sleeping so I decided to go downstairs and make us some  breakfast. After looking through the fridge and cabinets; I settled on french toast topped with strawberries and whipped cream with turkey bacon.

I decided I would wait to eat until Haden woke up and decided to go into his study. There were some books in there I wanted to read so I made my way into his office and begin to search for the books.

I smiled at the big portrait of me that hung on the wall. He was adamant about having big portraits of me plastered somewhere on his office walls, home or work, it didn't matter. He did the same in his office at Blaze.