Chapter 22: The Summit

Haden

This summit was more work and energy than I wanted to put in. Grandpa has been trying to have small talk all day but I keep ignoring him unless it's about this Summit. I was just ready for the night to be over so I could get back to my Ella.

I hated having to leave her this morning. Especially after yesterday. I wanted to make sure she was feeling good about everything. I know I started slow but I still wanted to make sure she was feeling well taken care of. The last thing I wanted was for her to feel any shame or regrets today.

I sent multiple messages to her after Tony informed me she was up. She told me she was fine and thoroughly enjoyed last night. That made me smile and raise an eyebrow. I knew she was a little vixen.

I adjusted my tie and straightened my silk button-up shirt as the thought of Ella's moans made me heat up a bit. I took off my suit jacket and hooked it under my index and middle finger before tossing it on my shoulder.

My attention was pulled away from my phone when I heard my name being called. I looked up to see Luca, Micah, and Enzo walking up to me.

"I'm surprised you showed," Luca stated with a knowing grin.

"I had no choice. Nonna Cooper was very clear." Luca's face paled slightly at the mention of my grandma's name.

"How did she even know?" He asked.

"How would she not know when everyone at this summit works for her whether they know it or not," I stated.

"So she told you to help Grandpa?" He asked.

I sighed in annoyance.

"Yes, she did. And what Nonna wants, Nonna gets." I said releasing a harsh breath.

"Ahh don't look so down about it bro. At least we'll have good food and beautiful women walking around." Micah said as he eyed one of the maidservants walking around, setting the tables.

Lorenzo laughed.

"Now you know these two lovesick puppies are not looking at the women. But I will gladly join you in that quest." Lorenzo stated.

"Both of you need to get fucking laid." I snipped before walking away.

I walked out of the huge dining hall and made my way to the back of the Russo estate. Stepping into the garden area, I pulled out my phone and dialed Ella's number. She answered on the second ring.

"Hey, baby." She answered cheerfully.

"Hey baby, you having fun?" I asked with a smile on my face.

"You know I am. We just left from getting our nails done. I think Tony is over us. They gave us so much wine at the spa." Ella said with a laugh. I chuckled softly.

"Ella baby, are you drunk?" I asked amused.

She giggled as I heard Ashley yell out no.

"Am I on speaker?" I asked.

"Yes, you are." She answered with a chuckle.

"Tony, do not let Ella and Ashley have another drink until they have sobered up."

"Boo!" Ashley and Ella yelled on the phone.

"Haden, please can you leave and come save me from these drunk broads. And yes, I'm hating because my pregnant ass can't drink. Tell Luca I'm mad at him."

I laughed as I shook my head. Poor Tony probably wishes he was here now.

"Don't worry boss, they are safe. We are heading back to your house now. They're going to order some pizza, and watch movies. I can't promise more wine won't be consumed."