Chapter 27: Don't Push

Joella

Joella

Work today was a blur. I was too distracted by thoughts of my mom and how her meeting with the surgeon would go today.

I wanted to go with her but I have this report due by the end of business today. Sighing I typed up the last numbers of the report before I printed everything.

Grabbing the papers from the printer, I placed them in the binder and walked to Josh's office. I really didn't want to talk to him but I had to.

Knocking on the door, a faint come in caused me to twist the nob and open the door. I froze for a second before walking further into his office.

To my surprise he wasn't alone. Tanya was in his office and it appeared they were eating lunch together. Interesting.

Josh saw me and stood up. He gave me a pretentious smirk as if I were to be jealous. Ignoring his face I handed him the report.

"Did you look at your email?" I asked, ignoring the fact that Tanya was staring a hole through the side of my face.

Josh shook his head.

"Can you look at it?" He gave me a funny look before glancing at Tanya.

"Why can't you just tell me now?" He asked confused.

Irritated I cut my eyes at him. "Can you just look at your email please?" I snipped.

I didn't want Tanya in my business so I was not about to say what I needed out loud.

Still confused, Josh walked around to his desk and opened his emails. I could tell when he saw my email because his eyes snapped back up to me.

"Tanya, can you give us a second?" He said politely but never took his eyes off me.

"Of course." She spoke quietly. "You look great Joella." She said as she stood and walked out of the office.

Not sparing her a glance, I watched as Josh closed the door behind Tanya and turned to me.

"I'm so sorry Ella. I-" I put my hand up to stop him. I didn't want to talk about it. I just needed him to know why I was taking my vacation time earlier than expected.