Chapter 13: A future Don's Birthday (Part II)

Haden

"Boys, calm down, this is all a big misunderstanding." Old Hamilton said quickly.

"A misunderstanding? How?" I asked. 

"We have an important meeting today, we needed Joella here." Old Hamilton spoke again.

"She requested off for 1 today and it was approved, now all of a sudden you need her here?" I asked coldly.

"I told her she needed to stay, her reason for leaving early wasn't justified." Josh chimed in glaring at me. 

A dark chuckle left my lips and Old Hamilton's eyes snapped to me quickly.

"I see now, you still want my woman." I said as I barred my teeth.

"You don't deserve her!" Josh snapped.

"Hey! Both of you calm down!" Old Hamilton hissed. We were gaining the employees attention. I didn't care and Josh didn't either.

"She's too good for you." Josh added, still trying to get under my skin. 

"That's something you and I can agree on." I stated. "She is too good for me and I don't deserve her." 

Josh looked at me surprised by my response. I took a step closer. 

"But you know something Josh, you don't deserve her either. With you trying to drug her and all." I added.

"YOU WHAT?!" Mr. Hamilton yelled. 

Josh quickly looked at his dad before shaking his head. "We were in high school. I was being stupid." He said quickly. 

His eyes locked back on mine. 

"I'm not the one who left physical bruises on her." He snipped. "You don't deserve her love."

I chuckled again and stepped closer.

"Yea well Ella disagrees with you, which is really all that matters." I said with a shrug. I wasn't even as mad as I was when I first came in here. Josh was clearly jealous and was upset because my Ella didn't want him. 

I mean why would she when she has me? 😎

"She'll be back tomorrow." I said as I started to walk away with my men behind me. 

"She'll get tired of your overbearing attitude one of these days. You're just her boyfriend, she'll grow out of wanting you." Josh spoke, his voice laced with venom. 

I stopped and turned back to face him. 

"I'm not her boyfriend, I'm her man, there's a difference. She works here because she wants to, not because she have to. Cut her pay for the day, I don't care. I can replace that cash easily." I said and walked to the elevator doors. 

Josh started to say something else but was quieted by his father. 

"This is a warning Josh. Your one and only." I said as the elevator doors closed.

...

Joella

"My bad Ella, I told Luca because I was all up in arms about it, not thinking that he would just tell Haden. When Haden called my phone I knew I messed up but he left no room for me to lie." I waved my hand letting her know it was fine.

"I know how Haden is, it's okay. I just wish he didn't have any drama on his birthday." I said with a sigh.

Morgan chuckled. "Haden doesn't even care about his birthday, add you to the mix and it's not even a thought."