Chapter 65 (Lantern Festival)

There are some loud commotions where guests and the court officials were talking among themselves, praising and wondering the sudden changes and the beautifully dressed organisers and the emperor and Ching-er.

The emperor tries to silent them gently with his hand waves in the air and smiles gleefully.

"Mmmmm.... I heard that there will be more surprises that even I don't know, so please enjoys yourself and expect the unexpected as the events begins" the emperor proudly announces this to everyone.

Another round of applause is roaring now from all the court officials and also the foreign guest that cause the whole grand hall to somehow feels like shaking.

Zhan Xian is the team leader in the organising committee and also he holds the highest ranking among them all, so the naturally eloquent prince leads his team to the seat, he has arranged for Zhan Ang to sit on his left and Wangyi to sit on his right. Then, he arrange for Ming Ming to sit together with Xichen.

Zhan Xian then stands up to the middle and in front of the emperor to bow before him and smiles then he turns to the audiences and gives his speech.

"This year's Lantern Festival is done on a team effort and whatever program that we arrange are from all of our discussion and agreement and I would like to thank the team that are standing together with me" Zhan Xian then gestures for his team members to stand up.

Immediately, clapping are roaring the hall again, especially General Lan and Cheng Ching with both of his children in the team. The Cheng Tribes were also invited and thus the Elder Cheng and his wife are both so proud of their grandchildren Xichen and Wangyi.

Zhan Xian took a deep breath and there seems to be some red in his eyes.

"Today, I also want to pay tribute to the special person in my life that without her there will be no me. That is my mother concubine Cheng!" Zhan Xian announces and everyone looks at the beautiful Ching-er who was dumbfounded by her own son but her eyes shows so much love and admiration for how well her son has becomes.

"My mother is going to do a performance with the emperor my father's permission" Zhan Xian turns to ask his father as the emperor himself is now shock to his seat, he looks at Ching-er with a shocking face and then turns into a very cheeky look meaning at his beloved "you are now ganging up with "the children to surprise me, very naughty", the eyes are full of love and joy no matter how, the emperor just couldn't find any way to get angry with Ching-er but just loves the fun that is being unfolded.

So, the emperor lovingly nods his head. The empress at the side has been holding onto his temper for a long time, all the glory has been attributed to Ching-er and his children and now she even wants to perform. The empress's hair that has full of jewelleries is now fuming with anger that brought sweats to her forehead. No matter how much she is being told to restrain, she just couldn't stand the fact that Ching-er tries to be perfect, so the empress wanted to show the flaw in her, so he pretends to stand up anf voice her concern

"Well, Concubine Ching is mute, isn't she, isn't it cruel to have a disable person to perform" that kind of insults can really pierce the bones of Ching-er. This is the reason why the emperor would not allow Ching-er to attend too many functions. The empress always has a very wicked tongue which of course birthed from her heart.

The emperor glares at her and then flip his sleeve angrily.

"Are you the organiser?"

"I gives permission and you dare to go against it"