Chapter 36 (Rabbit God)

"Well, I-I think with such a capable father, you must be also very capable" Madam Wen folding her palms together, in the Wei Country, everyone knows the General who wins wars for the country and for generations, they are well respected.

Before Wangyi can reply, a voice echoed

"Well said"

The voice was loud and clean, and then follows on by laughter, however, suddenly everyone was kneeling down trembling. Wangyi hear the voice and it was familiar and yet not too familiar. However, when he saw the chief eunuch trotting along, half walking and half running. Wangyi already knew who is walking towards him. So, immediately Wangyi bow his head and greet the emperor

"Greeting your majesty" Wangyi speaks loud and clear, his voice alone is enchanting enough to get the bird singing on the tree to come down for a performance.

Wangyi's eyes is down as he did a half bow, he can only see the golden boots by the emperor but there are several golden boots and a nice pair of white boots. Wangyi eyes stares at the boots and he knew that the emperor did not come alone.

"All may rise" the emperor gives the order and the servants and Wangyi rises.

True enough, behind the emperor is his 'wife' the concubine Cheng and his two sons and one of them is of course Zhan Xian who's eyes are staring deeply into him. Zhan Xian didn't wear his mask and so he can be seen clearly as it is mid-day.

Zhan Xian wore his princely clothes, a light blue hanfu but with all the decorative embroidery which are done in gold threat. His hair is bun up half way and neatly tie up with a golden sash. Zhan Xian is tall with broad shoulder and slim waist and he is too attractive and handsome.

Wangyi took a glance and he saw the small smile on Zhan Xian face and that delights his little heart, so the cute Wangyi lower his head and there is pinkness on his ears as Wangyi is unusually fair.

The naughty Zhan Ang would takes every opportunities to 'revenge' teasing his brother's furture wife.

"Hey, are you daze by my brother handsomeness?" Zhan Ang asks giggling away

This caused Wangyi feels every more shy but he he is the cheeky one and he wanted to say something but Zhan Xian cut in first, in his protective wife mode.

"Ahem...well. i-it is more of me being dazed by Wangyi's beauty" Zhan Xian speaks softly as this declaration is really shocking but he seems to be on an auto mode and thus he just mumbled out whatever words he can think of to protect Wangyi. It will be a little shy to be caught staring at handsome man after all she is an unmarried girl.

"Tsk, how come brother seems to be always siding her, hmph!!!!!" Zhan Ang pouts and stomp his feet a little.

The emperor let out a loud laughs which surprises everyone

"You will know it, if you have a future spouse....." laughs again the emperor who seems so please with both Zhan Xian and Wangyi's budding development.

Now, it is Zhan Xian's turn to feel his face hot after being caught by his father protecting Wangyi.

"Wow!!!!! Now, look at brother, his face is pink...interesting" Zhan Ang holds his stomach and laughs at Zhan Xian who could only lower his head and holding both palms together to try and hide his embarrassment.

However, Wangyi is delighted that Zhan Xian has spoken for him and feels the need to also help his 'friend', as he is still not sure how he feels yet for Zhan Xian.