2

Kakucho and Rindou were both quiet as they escorted you to your apartment. You felt upset, their cold behavior making you think they weren't happy to see you again.

"H-How's everyone? How's M-Mikey?" You nervously ask.

Kakucho and Rindou shared a look with each other, making your stomach churn. Just from their silence alone, you already knew it was a mistake to come back.

"I see..." You mutter, trying not to frown. "Thank you guys for walking me home. Drive home safely."

Home....they used to be your home...and you used to be theirs...

Kakucho and Rindou left without a word, making your heart ache even more. They just....left. Confusion was written all over your face and you just couldn't think of a single reason why they would be this cold towards you. Was it all a lie? Them loving you? Was it all a lie when Mikey said they'll be here with you when you come back? It seems like it.

You pressed your lips together. No crying, that's what you tell yourself over and over again until you fell asleep. The next morning wasn't any better. You felt drained and your thoughts were filled of them.

During the year you've stayed with them, you've truly grown quite attached with everyone. It doesn't seem to be the case for them since even Kakucho and Rindou bolted as soon as they had the chance.

You've showered and got dressed already, ready for another uneventful day ahead. As you walk outside, you start to think how Kakucho and Rindou only appeared when you were in trouble and they even mentioned they were following you.

There's something wrong and you wanted to find out but you don't even know how. They're obviously avoiding you and not even the police can find them back then so you had zero chances of finding them on your own.

"Watch it!"

A woman in her late 30s bumps roughly into you, causing you to almost fall back. She didn't even care about you and just walks away without turning her head back. Luckily, an arm caught you before you could actually hit the floor. You blink a couple of times and snapped your head to the person who helped you.

"Are you alright, miss?" The guy asks, pushing up his glasses slightly. "Are you hurt anywhere?"

"No, I'm fine. Thank you, by the way." You said, standing properly so you wouldn't embarrass yourself even further. "I'm sorry to have bothered you, I was just lost in thought."

"I completely understand." He smiles while nodding. "You don't have to apologize, miss."

You bow a little and start walking again but he quickly catches up to you. You look at him in surprise and stopped walking, waiting for him to say something.

"Maybe I could walk with you? I'm also going in the same direction so it's a bit awkward to walk behind you. But if you're not comfortable with that, I could just—"

"It's alright with me." You smile at him. "So, where are you heading to?"

The two of you got along quite nicely and ended up introducing yourselves to each other. You found out that he was also going to the same place as you, Inupi and Draken's motorcycle shop.

The guy is actually pretty charming and every time he smiles, you would get butterflies in your stomach. He's such a gentleman too and to top if off, he's the eldest among his siblings.

With all the short stories he shared with you, he would always mention his sisters and friends. You could tell that he was a good friend. He's actually a bit of a troublemaker but he's good.

"Oi, Mitsuya!"

"How's it going?"

You smile at the two as they did this hug that all guys do. Inupi was at the back, his button up loosely hung over his shoulders. When he noticed you, he raised a hand and came over to where you stood.

"So, you still want a motorcycle?" He asks, putting his hands in his pockets.

"I'm still not sure." You chuckle nervously, thinking what might happen to you on the streets if you do decide to get one. "I'm scared of crashing myself."

"If you want, we can still go for practice drives." Inupi smiles at you before turning to Draken and Mitsuya. "Your Impulse broke down again?"

"Yeah." Mitsuya nodded. "I was just checking to see if you guys are too busy to take repairs or something."

"You can bring it in later or tomorrow, we're not that busy." Draken tells him while patting his back.

"Right, okay. I'll get someone to take it here."

You raise your eyebrows when the three suddenly turn their heads to you. Draken smiled and walked over to you right after wiping the sweat off his forehead with the towel over his shoulder, Mitsuya a bit confused since you haven't mentioned that you already kind of knew Draken and Inupi.

"Are you here to see me or Inupi?" Draken asked jokingly.

"Are the motorcycles not an option?" You laugh a little.

"No, they are not." He grins before raising his hand to lead you to a seat. "You here for another session?"

"Session? What kind of session is it?" Mitsuya spoke up with a raised eyebrow, looking at you. "You never told me you were friends with Inupi and Draken."

"I forgot to mention it?" You sheepishly smiled at him and shrugged. "It's not like it's a big deal."

Inupi walked near you and turned to Mitsuya. "She wanted to buy a motorcycle and we told her it's better to give it a few days of thought since she's still not confident in driving one."

Mitsuya nodded albeit he still looked confused. It wasn't his business though so he didn't ask any further questions. That would only make him seem nosy and he didn't want to give you that kind of impression.

"If you want to, I can teach you how to drive once I get my Impulse fixed?" Mitsuya offered, much to your surprise.

"Nah, it's fine. I'm already giving her lessons." Draken spoke up before you could reply. He suddenly turns to you and smiled. "She's a fast learner."

"Oh, I see." Mitsuya muttered. "Well, if you decide to  get one maybe we could go for a drive?"

"Get in line, Mitsuya." Inupi joked, butting in the conversation. "I've asked her that first."

"You seem to be quite popular, miss." Mitsuya scratches the back of his head awkwardly. "I suppose I should wait in line."

The smile he gave you made your heart skip a beat and you had to look away in an instant, already feeling heat rushing up to your face. It's been quite some time since someone has given you this feeling and you were afraid you'd get used to it, only to have it ripped away from you again.

You were aware that this was all temporary, that you'll eventually have to leave whether you want to or not. The fact that they're all so nice and sweet would only make it harder for you.

But you just clear those thoughts from your head and focused on having fun. You're here for a reason and you might as well enjoy the moment.