60

The chase went on for an hour until Izana's side managed to lose Bonten's side. It was difficult, swerving and making unplanned turns just to escape from them. During the chase, you debated whether it would be best if you just opened the car door and jumped out.

But there was a high chance that you would just get run over and die with your guts all over the road.

Not a pretty sight.

Hanma had taken you to another hideout along with Kisaki and Izana. You were quiet, just looking around the place and taking mental notes of the placement of the doors and windows. Though tired and irritated, Izana observed you instead of taking a rest. It got him curious why you've never tried to escape in the first place.

Then he looked at Hanma Shuji and narrowed his eyes.

Is it possible that Hanma is the reason why she's never tried going back to Bonten? He thought.

It just wasn't normal behavior for someone who's being held captive. You weren't really treated badly but still.

"You," Izana spoke, a finger pointing at none other than you. "Let's find a room and...talk."

Hanma and Kisaki looked at each other, both raising an eyebrow. They were suspicious of Izana's interest in Kakucho even way before but now they were suspicious of Izana's interest in you too and they think that Izana might actually keep you like a stolen trophy from Mikey.

"I'm curious..."

You narrow your eyes at Izana who locked the door after you two got in. He had his back to you still while you were leaning against the wall in the small, empty room.

"Why are you so important to them? To Mikey? To Kakucho?" Izana continues, turning around to face you with a blank expression. "What's so special about besides your pretty face?"

Your breath hitched in your throat when his fingertips brushed the side of your face, his hand going down to the side of your neck and to your arms.

"Are you some billionaire's daughter? Do you have some kind of supernatural power or something?" He goes on. "Just what is so special about you?"

"You're not gonna get anything from me 'cause I have no clue as well." You scoff out a laugh.

Izana bit the inside of his cheek and tilted his head. Though it wasn't like him to easily trust someone's words, he could tell that you were telling the truth. Or maybe the truth that you believe. Either way, he won't be getting anything out of you so he decided to drop it for now.

Later, around 1am, you guys finally transferred to a much better place. You had your own little room with a bathroom and to make sure you weren't going anywhere while they were dead asleep, they locked the door from the outside.

You didn't like it but what could you do? You were just Izana's prisoner and even though you knew you could probably flirt your way out of the situation, you weren't really in the mood to even try.

Since you couldn't sleep, you just laid on the bed with the lights of and stared at the darkness. So many thoughts ran through your mind but you could barely comprehend even one.

Another hour passed and you were alerted by the sound of the door opening. You immediately closed your eyes and parted your lips slightly, feigning sleep.

Someone comes in, their footsteps careful and light. A part of you was hoping that it was someone from Bonten though it's just impossible.

"Just a little more and you'll be mine forever, darling."

You unconsciously furrowed your brows, lucky that it was too dark for the person to see you.

The 'person', whom you recognize as Hanma from the sound of his voice, leaned down to kiss your forehead. He brushed the side of your face with his large hands, making you shiver. His feelings for you never really crossed your mind. You were under the impression that he isn't really the type of guy to get emotionally attached to someone. Seems like you were wrong.

However, you could tell that whatever he felt for you wasn't 'love'.

You waited until he left before finally sitting up. In the darkness, you recall all the times you've spent with Hanma and thought deeply if you've ever took an oath or made some kind of pact with him.

Morning came and you barely got any sleep. Hanma was immediately beside you the moment you got out of the room. It was left unlocked but no one seemed to question it so maybe it was intentional.

Breakfast was uneventful. Only the sound of the spoons and forks hitting the plates echoed inside the room. Everyone was lost in their own world, too dazed to even realize that it was morning and that they were already up and moving.

Well, everyone except Hanma.

"Will you fucking stop with the lovesick gaze, Hanma? I'm losing my appetite." Izana grumbles.

Hanma rolls his eyes and glances at Izana with a bored look before looking back at you, giving you a wink.

"Can't help it, she's too cute." He said with a smirk.

This time, Izana's the one who rolled his eyes and you rolled your eyes as well after a few seconds. Hanma chewed on his bottom lip, still smirking. To your surprise, he pinches both your cheeks and stretched them like one would do to a child.

"I'm done." Izana groans and gets up from his seat, immediately leaving the table.

It amused you how he's so sensitive yet so insensitive at the same time. Well, you don't really care much about him. It's actually even better that he instantly leaves once he's bothered. You don't feel comfortable being in the same room as him at the moment even though he hasn't done anything bad to you. Well, maybe except for the fact that he sort of kidnapped you and all.

"Let's go." Hanma says as soon as you finished eating, pulling on your wrist to take you away.

"I won't even bother on asking you where we're going. I know you won't tell me anyway." You say with a sigh.

"You know me so well!" Hanma exclaims with a small laugh.

A few minutes later, you stood by a huge tree and watched as Hanma skillfully climbed up. He sends you a grin, like a child showing off.

"Don't tell me you expect me to go up there?" You drawl as you crossed your arms together.

"Oh, come on! It's easy and I'll be here to guide you anyway!" He says, crouching down to extend his arm.

You shake your head at him, a small smile slowly forming on your lips. Even though you were supposed to be mad at him, you can't help but feel giddy.

Whenever you're with Hanma, there's this feeling inside you that just resurfaces. It's as if nothing really matters that much and that you can just relax and play all day like you're young again.

You feel like you're free whenever you're with him.

And yet, you know you aren't.

Even though Hanma doesn't seem all that possessive right now, you just know that he's not the type that would let his woman be in another man's presence without him.

You were slowly getting in a trap set by him and though you had no evidence, you just knew that Izana's not really the mastermind behind all this. It's him. Hanma Shuji.

Unfortunately for you, you've captured his interest like how you've captured Bonten and Mitsuya.

It might seem alright but no one and I mean no one wants someone like Hanma Shuji to be obsessed with them.