32

"Back again so soon?"

You face Kakucho who appeared beside you. He was dressed in his usual clothes and he was alone. The others must be sleeping or too busy to notice that you were back.

"Hey, I'm just kidding." Kakucho playfully pinches your nose, a small smile lingering on his lips. "I really missed you."

You smiled at him and hugged him. "I missed you too, Kakucho."

Kakucho holds you in his arms for a while, not even an inch of him wanting to let go. He couldn't understand what he was feeling; his heart was beating so fast but at the same time it was calm.

"You wanna go for a drive?" He mumbles, hoping you would say yes. "Please?"

You bit back a laugh and just nodded. "Why not?"

Kakucho leads you outside as if he was sneaking you out. You tried not to make a sound because he looked so serious but also at the same time so playful. After he successfully got you to his car, you notice he looked a little red in the face which was strange since you two weren't in a hurry.

"Have you been drinking?" You decided to ask him, touching his cheek gently.

"I'm fine, I'm totally fine." Kakucho speaks while suppressing a giggle. "I didn't drink alcohol."

"You're acting really strange..." You tell him directly. "Right now, you're somewhat like..."

Kakucho suddenly reclines his chair, surprising you. "Let's not talk about other people right now."

"Well, alright." You sigh and lean back. "What do you want to talk about?"

"I don't know..." He shrugs and looks at you with half-lidded eyes. "I think I just want to hold you right now."

You purse your lips and nod once before kind of laying on him and hugging him while he hugs you back.

"I missed your scent." He mutters, rocking you both side to side. "I wish we could just stay like this until time ends."

"That would be nice." You hum, burying your face against his chest even more.

You feel him shift under you and you got off of him only for him to pull your face closer to his. Kakucho's eyes were on your lips while you held your breath.

"It's been so long since I've last kissed you..." He whispers, gently rubbing his thumb across your bottom lip. "I even forgot how you taste like..."

You feel butterflies erupting in your stomach as he nuzzles his nose with yours, his eyes closing at the touch. He was probably holding himself back because he couldn't see or hear anything from you that tells him he could go on with what he wanted to do.

Kakucho lets out a shaky sigh, his cool and minty breath fanning your lips. He starts to brush his lips against yours like he was asking permission to kiss you.

You decided to tease him a little by not responding at all. He was clearly already having a hard time trying to control himself and you were making things harder for him.

"May I kiss you, darling?" He finally whispers, brushing his fingers softly against your cheeks.

You smirk a little at this. He's still so polite and you loved that. "Only if you beg me, Kakucho."