14

The last three chapter titles weren't supposed to be like that but I thought "stay away from this book if you don't want your heart broken" was too cheesy so I changed them 😭😂 also, they were supposed to be guides as to how long the book should be so the story was supposed to end at "broken" but since I didn't follow my original plan, I'll be making this book longer.

Also, Ran and Kokonoi redemption bc they're good boys 😂

________

You felt too uncomfortable that you woke up around three in the morning. Though you've only slept for a couple of hours, you felt more awake than ever. The guys were still asleep. You were trapped in between the Haitani Brothers but you somehow managed to escape without waking them.

Tiptoeing across the room, you grabbed a pair of thicker clothing as well as another pad before going to the bathroom to change. You didn't really plan on walking around but you found yourself near the water. The moon was as bright as ever, the calm water making you relax.

It was good that you wore thicker clothing but you should have brought a jacket. You still felt a little chilly and now you regret ever coming out.

"Why are you here? You should be sleeping."

You felt something heavy drape over your shoulder and looked down to see a black hoodie. Sitting beside you was Kokonoi, dressed in nothing but sweatpants and a tshirt with his eyes still tired.

"Why are you awake?" You raise an eyebrow at him before putting on the hoodie. "Did I wake you?"

"I'm a light sleeper." He shrugs, turning to you slightly. "Akashi suddenly started snoring so I woke up."

"Oh, that explains it." You reply while nodding lightly. "How did you find out I was here, though?"

"I just guessed." He smiles softly before turning to look at the moon. "It's been a long time since we...talked."

You felt your chest get a little heavy, memories of your past with him resurfacing in your mind. There was one thing you wanted to ask him and you felt like it was the right time.

"Do I remind you of her? Akane, I mean." You ask, watching him closely to see how he would react.

"Hmm...not really." Kokonoi turns to you and smiles. "In my eyes, you're you."

"But you called me—"

You stopped yourself before you could finish your sentence. He doesn't know about that night since he was sleeping.

"You mean I called you...by her name, I presume?" He filled in the blanks. "I don't remember ever doing that."

"You were asleep...and now that I think about it...I'm stupid. It wasn't even directed to me." You mutter, realizing what you should've understood that night. "Are you still inlove with her?"

Kokonoi looks down at the sand and smiled before looking up at the moon. He lets out a long sigh before replying and you can really hear his sincerity.

"I don't think I ever was truly inlove her now that I think about it...the feelings I had for her were new to me and it was masked with guilt that turned into obsession..." He spoke softly, his eyes unblinking. "It was a different kind of love, not the type of love that everyone knows. I have moved past that now."

"Are you sure about that?" You chuckle lightly, your tone a bit teasing rather than serious. "I'm kidding. You sound like you're telling the truth so I'll believe you."

Kokonoi chuckled softly and ran his fingers through his hair. He looked like he wanted to ask you something as well and since it seemed like he's thinking twice about asking you, you decided to ask him what's on his mind.

"Is there something you want to talk to me about? You're starting to look like you're constipated." You laugh a little, earning a playful glare from him.

"You really just—nevermind, there is something I've been wanting to ask you about. Actually, I think I've asked you this already but I just want to ask you again I guess." Kokonoi shrugs, remembering the first time he thinks he may have asked you about it.

"Well, let me hear it." You encourage him to talk and he lets out a breath before fully facing you.

You stare into his eyes, waiting for him to talk. You notice how he was having an internal debate and you somewhat knew whatever it is that's gonna come out of his mouth won't be what he said he wants to ask you about. Even so, you felt like you shouldn't push him to tell you about it. If you've already answered it before, then there's no need for you to answer it again.

"Before the whole mess between us happened...did you ever truly really like me? And not just as a friend."

You smiled and bit your bottom lip to stop yourself from laughing. Was that even a question?

"Are you not gonna ask me if I like you now?" You replied to him with a question of your own.

Kokonoi sighs and shakes his head a little while smiling. "Do you like me now?"

You pretended to think, making him groan and laugh in embarrassment. He tugs on the strings of your hoodie and pulls you to his chest, arms wrapping around you.

"I can't keep pretending that I'm not freezing to death." He laughs a little and let himself shiver, not holding it in anymore. "I wanted to look cool but I failed."

"You're a dork, Hajime." You laugh, shifting closer so that you could give him more warmth. "And to answer your question, I do like you."

"I like you too." He whispers, hugging you tighter. "Can we go inside now?"

"But I don't wanna..." You whine a little, rocking your bodies side to side. "I like hearing the waves crashing."

"If I die, it'll be because of you." He mutters, burying his face in your hood. "Just make sure I'll have a pretty grave."

"You are so dramatic." You roll your eyes at his words and closed them again. "You can just go back on your own, if you really want to."

Kokonoi responded by pulling you even closer, indicating that he didn't want to leave by himself. You two were silent for a few minutes and you could feel yourself slowly falling asleep. Wind suddenly blew harder and you felt Kokonoi shiver again. You wanted to see how long he'll last but he'll probably end up dying if stays longer.

"Alright, let's head back inside." You chuckle as he shivers once more. "But you'll have to carry me!"

Kokonoi dramatically sighs and gets up while carrying you. He looked like he was debating on throwing you to the freezing water or not. Luckily, he chose not to and just carried you all the way back.

You had your legs around his waist, arms over his neck while his hands held you in place. With your head near his chest, you could feel his calm heartbeat and your started to match his.

Kokonoi didn't want to sleep on the floor so he laid back on the couch where he slept earlier and just held you in place on top of him.

You were falling asleep on his chest while he stared at you. The two of you didn't even bother changing but fortunately the sand didn't stick to your clothes.

Just as you were about to slip into your dream, you hear Kokonoi whisper your name. You hum, indicating you were listening and hoped you could still comprehend what he was about to say.

"Please let me fall in love with you."