24

In the middle of your shopping spree, your phone rang and everyone decided to stop for a while to get some food.

"How's your day so far, princess?"

"Great! I bought a lot of clothes for me and you guys too! And I got us all matching onesies!" You excitedly tell Ran, glancing at the shopping bag that contained the onesies you spotted a few minutes back.

"Pfft. Onesies? You're gonna make us wear onesies?"

You could hear the laughter he was trying so hard to suppress. Then you remember that these guys were much, much older than you and Ran himself is 30.

"I just thought they looked cute..."

"Well, I'll do anything to make you happy. I'm sure the others will say the same."

"Here's your food and drink." Mitsuya says, placing the tray on the table.

"Who's that? Are you with a guy?"

"Oh, that was just Mitsuya Takashi. He tagged along with the girls and I along with Hakkai, Yuzuha's younger brother." You respond, mouthing a quick 'thanks' to Mitsuya who decided to sit beside you.

Mitsuya glances at you at the sound of his name coming out of your mouth, wondering what Haitani Ran was thinking at the moment.

"So you're with two guys."

"Yeah." You absentmindedly nodded your head as if he could see you. "They're friends so I hope you're not gonna be mad or anything."

Mitsuya bites his lip and looks down at the word, his stomach churning a little.

"I could never get mad at you."

"Never?" You ask, the ends of your mouth twisting upwards.

"Whatever it is you're thinking...don't do it. You don't want to hurt me, right?"

"I wasn't thinking of anything!" You exclaim, catching everyone's attention and you bowed your head a few times to apologize. "I just think it's impossible for you not to get mad."

"I apologize for coming across as a hot-headed person. I can promise you I'm not the type to get mad. I'll be upset, sure, but I could never get mad at you, princess."

"So you won't stop me from hanging out with other guys?"

"Of course not. You can have a life and friends outside of Bonten. We've already told you this."

"But what if I end up falling inlove with one of my guy friends?" You whisper, ignoring how Mitsuya's ears perked up along with the girls and Hakkai.

Ran went silent for a few seconds, not knowing how to respond to your question. It was a surprise to him for you to even ask him that. The thought of you being inlove and happy with anyone other than him brought a stinging sensation in his chest and got his heart feeling heavier. The others would most likely feel the same way but would possibly react differently.

"I'll....support you with whatever makes you happy, princess."

It felt like he almost forced himself to say those words. He didn't like the thought of it but there's nothing he could do if it were to happen. Forcing you to stay with him with that situation won't make you happy and so he won't be happy as well.