44

Guys, I don't know if you've noticed but at one chapter I changed something. Originally, it was 'one week until Hina and Takemichi's wedding' and I changed it to 'a few weeks until their wedding'.

And look 👀
____________

You decided to tag along with Yuzuha and Hakkai the next day. They were going to Mitsuya's shop and even though you felt odd about going there, you just sucked it up and pretended you were fine. Yuzuha's been talking to you nonstop and you really appreciate how she tries to get your mind off of the things that's been going on in your life.

Hakkai was silent but he soon got loud and talkative as soon as he saw Mitsuya. The two were quite a pair, one soft spoken and one loud as hell. You made eye contact with Mitsuya and smiled a little making him smile as well. When he returned his attention to Hakkai, you got a good look of his side profile and couldn't help but stare.

You wonder how anyone could be so perfect and at that thought, you snapped out of it. Of course you were also aware that Mitsuya's got his childish, 'bad' side as well. But if anything, that side just makes him even more perfect than he already is.

"He knows you're staring at him, you know. Look at his ear." Yuzuha spoke up in a whisper from beside you, chuckling lightly at you.

Though Mitsuya hasn't turned to look at you again, he could feel your stare on the side of his face. He had never felt so conscious in his entire life but he wanted to play it cool. He stopped his cheeks from flushing but he couldn't say the same for his ears that were now red.

"Takashi!" Yuzuha calls Mitsuya in a cheerful tone to make the tension in the room go away. "How about you skip work for today and come with us to get some food?"

Mitsuya hesitated and at that moment, his eyes flickered to yours momentarily. When he saw you looking at him, he quickly looked away and nodded to Yuzuha's suggestion.

"Let me just...clean up before closing." He mutters as he hastily arranges his desk and went down to the shop to tell one of his workers that he'll be leaving for today.

Yuzuha wiggled her eyebrows at you and smirked, you scrunching your nose at her and playfully bumping your shoulder against hers. For someone older than you, she sure is more childish. But that just makes her more lovable.

"Takashi wouldn't have agreed to skip work if it were just Hakkai and I. He's tagging along because of you." Yuzuha teases you and you wonder if what she's saying is true.

The butterflies in your stomach were going wild and you forcefully tried to stop it. You've already made your decision and you cannot go back on it now. Mitsuya deserves someone who isn't as fucked up as you and that won't change no matter what. Just because you're angry and upset at Bonten doesn't mean you can drag someone else with you.

Someone bumping against your shoulder caught your attention and you narrowed your eyes at Hakkai who had purposely bumped himself against you when he walked past you.

The two of you haven't really talked ever since that day and not one of you initiated anything so you figured it was best to just ignore each other as much as possible. But sometimes Hakkai is pissy and at those times he either annoys you by doing something or he does things like purposely bumping into you aggressively.

Once Mitsuya was finished with all the things he had to do and was ready to go, Yuzuha immediately clings to Hakkai and discreetly sent you a wink. She was setting you up to walk with Mitsuya and you don't know if you should hate her or love her for that. You preferred to walk with her but you can't really voice that out with Hakkai and Mitsuya there.

Mitsuya rubs the back of his neck uncomfortably, fully aware of what Yuzuha wanted. He glances at you and clears his throat before walking as soon as Hakkai and Yuzuha did. You were silently walking beside him, letting your eyes wander to the colorful billboards plastered all over the place.

Yuzuha talked to Hakkai about their schedules and upcoming events, Hakkai barely listening and often looking back at you and Mitsuya. You weren't even sure if he was watching you or Mitsuya at this point. It's kind of confusing with the way he talks about Mitsuya and the way he's so obsessed with him. He didn't seem gay with the way he kissed you so you were completely confused about him.

Your hands were starting to get cold after a few minutes of walking. Today you were wearing warm clothing since it's still winter but the only gloves you had weren't thick enough. You rubbed your hands together and blew on them to warm them up, catching the attention of Mitsuya.

Your eyes darted to his and you raised an eyebrow as he reaches for your hands, holding them with his warm ones and blowing on them himself. The gesture made you feel embarrassed but you couldn't get yourself to talk or pull your hands away from him.

After what he did, Mitsuya proceeded to take one of your hands and put it in his pocket. He was holding your hand in his in his pocket and you didn't know what to do so you just let him. You shoved your other hand in one of your own pockets and turn your head away from his, knowing you can't look at him now.

You were now much closer to him than before and you could almost feel his body hear radiating to yours. Once the four of you were inside the mall, Hakkai turns to look at you and Mitsuya again and freezes once he saw where one of your hands were.

Yuzuha notices it too and smiles to herself before pulling her brother with her to some random shop, leaving you and Mitsuya.

It was kind of awkward and Mitsuya didn't know whether he should follow the siblings or use this opportunity to spend time with you alone. After thinking for a short time, he chose the latter and pulled you with him to the other side of the mall where the cafés were.

Your heartbeat was all you could hear as he intertwines his fingers with yours inside his pocket. Standing in front of the counter, Mitsuya turns to you and notices the look on your face. His eyes softened and he lets out a light chuckle.

"What do you want to get?" He asks, finding the confidence to talk to you again.

You needed a couple of seconds before you told him what you wanted and he told the one behind the counter, also saying what he wanted. Mitsuya never took his hand away from yours but luckily the café had a server and helped you two with your food and drinks.

Being like this with Mitsuya almost felt like a date. Well, it did actually feel like a date. You can't even deny that.

After a few minutes, Mitsuya started making small talk with you. It was nice and the two of you soon forgot why things were even awkward in the first place.

From afar, Sanzu stares as you laugh along with the guy he's been so jealous of ever since you met him. He had his eyes fixated on the guy and he glares at where your hands were connected while blowing the smoke from his cigarette out of his mouth.

It's been hell for him being away from you after you decided to drop a bomb on them. He still couldn't believe you had slept with another man and he had an awful feeling in his stomach, thinking that that man is none other than Mitsuya Takashi.