26

Ran's knuckles skidded along your back as he unzips the dress, you holding onto it so it wouldn't fall to the floor.

You turn around and he slips your shirt on you since you had never taken off your bra earlier. After that, he helps you put your pants back on.

When you were finally fully clothed, he cups your face and rubs his thumb lightly against your cheek. He then trails his thumb to your lips before dragging over it as if he was wiping your lips.

"Which one of them kissed you?" He asks, surprising you.

"I-...how did you know?" You stare dumbfounded at him.

"Your lips are still a bit swollen, darling. And I know how you look like after you're kissed." He whispers with a frown. "It's funny. I thought I could actually accept you falling for someone else but I can't."

"Ran..."

"What should I do to make you choose me? What should I change to make you love only me? Tell me, I'll do everything...anything..."

"Ran, you're already perfect the way you are now." You chuckle softly. "Back then, you used to intimidate me but now you're...nice and sweet..."

"Am I lovable enough?"

"Yes, you are." You smile before you hugged him. "I can't believe you actually had to ask me that."

The two of you were aware that it was time for you both to step out or else the others might think you're reenacting what happened earlier between you and Mitsuya.

"Guys, I'll be leaving first." You tell them as soon as you got out. "I'll see you all in a week?"

"Come by the pet-shop sometime." Chifuyu says.

"Oh, of course! I keep forgetting I'm so sorry." You laugh awkwardly but Chifuyu waves it off.

"It's fine! I don't mind on reminding you every time we meet." He responds, earning a pinch to the side from Kazutora.

"I promise I'll visit within this week." You tell him, taking note of it inside your head.

"Hey, you forgot about our lessons too." Inupi spoke up, referring to the motorcycle lessons you used to have with him and Draken. "Make sure to stop by our shop as well."

"What kind of lessons?" Ran asks, narrowing his eyes slightly at Draken who did the same thing while looking at him.

"Just driving lessons, Ran." You say, touching the side of his arm to keep him calm.

"But didn't I already teach you how to drive?" He asks in confusion.

You remember that time when he got you a new car and taught you how to drive while he did something to you, cheeks immediately flushing.

"You taught me how to drive a car! Draken and Inupi are teaching me to ride a motorcycle." You clarify, doing your best to calm your own nerves. "I wanted to get one."

"You could have just asked me, you know?"

You sigh and turn to Ran, not wanting to drag the conversation any longer. He lets out a deep breath and lets it go, remembering that you were free to make your own choices.

After you bid goodbye to the guys, you went out of the shop along with Ran and Mitsuya since you had your shopping bags in Mitsuya's car. Ran was busy taking the bags to his car and Mitsuya saw this as a chance to talk to you.

"About what happened earlier—" He starts.

But you cut him off immediately. "I'm not saying it was a 'mistake' because it wasn't. I chose to kiss you and I know that was wrong on—"

"Wrong? What do you mean by that?" Mitsuya cuts you off as well, his head tilted a little to the side.

"I'm so sorry, I really am." You sigh and bit the insides of your cheek. "I shouldn't have kissed you just to prove something. I'm all messed up and you're...."

"I'm what?" Mitsuya asks, his voice low. It wasn't shocking to hear your rejection but he didn't expect to hear it this soon.

"You're perfect." You spoke softly. "You deserve someone who will actually love you with their whole heart."

"I'm not perfect! Stop saying that I am..."

"You deserve a love that you don't have to compete for." You tell him seriously. "I want that kind of love too but everything is just too complicated for me and I don't want to drag anyone else into my mess."

"Okay..." He whispers while nodding slowly, eyes fixated on the ground. "Will we still be going together at the wedding...?"

"I...I guess we shouldn't." You mustered up a small smile when his eyes flickered to yours. "Not going together won't mean that we're not friends anymore, of course. I'll always be your friend, Mitsuya Takashi."

Mitsuya pressed his lips together and just nodded, not being able to say anything. Ran was finally done with transferring all the shopping bags and you kind of felt bad for not helping him but at least you did something right for once by setting a line between you and Mitsuya.

"Bye, see you at the wedding." You say as you waved, Ran guiding you to his car.

As soon as the two of you got inside, Ran sighs and immediately starts up the engine. You couldn't tell if he was upset or just tired but you decided not to say anything about it, not wanting to make him feel bad.

At the Haitani's residence, Ran ordered the maids to take your things and bring them to your room. Yes, your own room. Two of the previous guest rooms have been renovated and turned into one huge room during the days you were staying at the headquarters the first time you've stayed there. Ran and Rindou knew one day you'd end up returning to their place so they might as well give you your own room.

It had its own bathroom and toilet along with a large walk-in closet the size of your bedroom. The room was designed to suit your taste. It was like the Haitani Brothers knew you like the back of their hand.

"I would've been fine with one of the guest rooms, you know." You tell Ran who decided to take a seat on one of your sofas.

"You don't like it? I can have it changed, just tell me what kind of room you want." Ran mutters, leaning back.

"No, I love it! It's just that...maybe you're spending too much money on me...?" You carefully say, not wanting to give him the wrong idea.

Ran stands slowly and walks over to you, tilting your head up with a finger under your chin. "Haven't I already told you? I can and I will give you all that I have..."

"And I'm telling you, I think you're giving me too much..." You respond, your words making him frown.

"There is no such thing as 'too much', darling." He whispers, nuzzling his nose with yours. "At least, not when it comes to you."

"But I can't even be the same! I can't give you all that I have, Ran..."

"I'm not asking for anything in return. Just let me love you, that's all."