4

I finished writing the song. I looked down on the tear stained pages filled with my feelings. I was happy with the song but not with the feelings still left. It was about 3:30 and I was getting hungry so i decided to walk to Ronnie's so I could think.

I walked into the warm atmosphere that I once used to spend my time with Louis here. I sat down at 'our table' that we always used to sit at. A woman walked over to my table.

"Aerie?"  I looked up from the table, the woman that looked about my age walked over. "Oh my gosh! It's me, Jenna!"

Jenna was my only other friend at school, but we were never as close as Louis and I, nobody was.

"Jenna!" I exclaimed.  "How long has it been?"

"Too long." She gave me a warm smile. "Well I'll serve you but I get off in like 2 minutes wanna go somewhere else and catch up?"

"Sure." I said. I needed someone else to hangout with to get my mind off Louis.

"Okay well I'm going to go clean a few tables and I'll be back." I nodded and with that Jenna left.

The bell rang on the door, signaling someone had arrived. Just to make me feel that much better, walked in, a tall boy with brown hair and puffy blue eyes that looked like they had been crying that fell on me when he walked in.  My eyes burned at this sight. The only time I have ever seen him like this was the day I left for Wales. Before I had a chance to get up, he sat down.

"We need to talk." He blurted out. I looked down at the table cloth, I couldn't look into his eyes, I couldn't. "Whats going on?"

I shook my head I needed to come up with a lie, and fast.

"Well obviously there is because one, you told me you were sick and two, you cant even look me in the eye. "

"Its just, when I saw Eleanor I thought that if she was your girlfriend that I wouldn't be able to spend as much time with you. I just thought things would go back to being the same as it was three years ago..." I said truthfully.

"Just because I'm with Eleanor doesn't mean we cant go back to our old ways." he said giving me a reassuring smile. I smiled back. Something just didn't feel right.

"Okay." I said trying to be the best actor I could be.

"Oh I forgot to ask you, me and the boys are doing a show in London next weekend and I was wondering if you could be our closing act cause ours kinda bailed on us and we cannot find anyone. you have such an amazing voice and i really really-"

"Okay I'll do it." Maybe this can be the way to get back to the way we were before.

"Really?"

"Yes"

"Good, wanna get out of here?"

"I'm going somewhere with Jenna." he looked disappointed "but we can hangout tomorrow?" I give him a smile in hopes he wont feel upset.

"Okay, I'll text you."

"Okay." I say and he gets up.

"And don't worry about us okay? You're my best friend, nothing will change that." He says and leans over, placing a kiss on my forehead.

~~

After a couple of hours, Jenna and I went back to my house to hang out. We went up to my room and plopped ourselves on the bed.

"So hows it been in Doncaster?" I asked

"Boring really, nothing new. We graduated high school and I got a job while you were gone. Big whoop." she said.

"To me everything has changed." I muttered under my breath.

"What is this?" she asked opening my song book.

"Oh. um. nothing." I said but it was too late she had opened to a page marked with a sticky note, The page I had been working on earlier. she read the song with a blank face.

"You love him." she said softly an smile crept up on her face.

"Who?"

"Louis." my eyes widened at her words, how did she know? "And don't tell me you don't because your not fooling anyone except Louis." I sighed at her words.

"He is still dating that Eleanor girl?" she asked in disbelief.

I nodded. "Yes, but how do you know her?"

"I dated Harry a few months ago. Louis brought the boys to the diner and that is where I met him. But we had to break up cause he was leaving. Louis was dating her at the time."

That made more sense. "How does them staying together surprise you?"

"Please excuse my language, but she is a whiny bitch. She is using him for money. None of the boys of the band like her, I don't think Louis does either."

~~

Louis POV

"Its just, when I saw Eleanor I thought that if she was your girlfriend that I wouldn't be able to spend as much time with you. I just thought things would go back to being the same as it was three years ago..." She said. Hoping to hear something other then that. It pulled at my heart.

Why are you thinking this way, you have El, remember her? your girlfriend.

"Just because I'm with Eleanor doesn't mean we cant go back to our old ways." I said giving her a reassuring smile. She smiled back. I missed seeing her smile in person. I missed her so much.

But something doesn't feel right. I don't understand, isn't this what I wanted? Just to have her back, and here? 

It just doesn't feel right.