Happy Never After

Aerie’s POV

I Woke up in a strange place. The last thing I remember is that I was just leaving the club saying goodbye to Jenna. Now I’m in a strange room in someone else’s bed.

I quickly got up and walked over to the mirror sitting across the room. I wasn’t wearing my dress from last night, but my hair was still in the braid. I was wearing a baggy t shirt. Wait what? Where the hell am I? I walked over to the door and opened it quietly and walked down the hall to the stairs. I slowly walked down the stairs and down a short hallway to what seemed to be the kitchen. I heard the blaring of the TV and someone talking on the phone.

“I think we should break up.” They said in a groggy voice.

“I’m sorry but it’s just not working out.”

I walked closer to the voice into the living room to see someone sitting on the couch with their back faced to me. It was Louis. I have to leave. No. I can’t just leave. I don’t want to.

“I just can’t do this Eleanor. Okay, I hope we can be friends. But we just don’t have any time anymore.”

I walked away and went into the kitchen and turned on the kettle to make tea. I couldn’t help but smile knowing that him and Eleanor are over. Then moments from last night come rushing back.

*Flashback*

I knocked on the large door. I honestly don’t know why I am doing this. I know I love him but I want to keep him safe. this alcohol is messing me up.

The door opened up revealing the boy I have been trying to avoid.

“Aer-“ he said before I cut him off.

"I needed to see you. I heard what you were doing and I know I have made a lot of mistakes lately that I really regret. I am hoping I won’t regret this one."  I said before I crashed my lips with his. My arms snaking around his neck.

We fit together. This made me regret staying away even more. I didn’t want him to get hurt. I realized that I have left him too much. We can take whatever comes at us together. With him I felt completely happy, the hole in me filled. I loved him too much to let him go.

I pulled away looking into his beautiful blue eyes, my arms still around his neck.

"I think I'm in love with you." I whispered.

“I am in love you Aerie.” He whispered back and kissed me again.

*End of flashback*

The kettle boiled and I opened cabinets until I found the mugs at the back of the cabinets so went up on my tip toes. I got the mug and Louis’ stash of Yorkshire tea as well. I plopped the teabag into the cup and poured the water into the cup. I watched as the tea blackened and I went into the fridge, got the milk and poured it into the cup. I grabbed a spoon and scooped up the tea bag and put it in the sink and went back to the living room to see Louis sitting on the couch watching a rerun of One Tree Hill.