{4} Mine [Series 2]

FOUR:

© All Rights Reserved - 2013 S. M. Palmer

♥︎♡♥︎ KEIRA ♡♥︎♡

{Sunday, March 28, 2010}

I'M AWAKE BEFORE COLBY the next day. I climb out of bed and go into the kitchen. I start making him breakfast to serve him in bed.

Twenty minutes later, I carry the tray of various foods into the bedroom. "Psst, Colby?" I reply.

"Hm?" he moans sleepily from under his pillow. "It's too early to wake up."

"Babe, come on," I reply. "I made you breakfast in bed."

Rolling over onto his back, he opens his eyes. "Breakfast in bed? Nice."

I serve him the tray. "Happy birthday, baby!" I reply, crawling into bed beside him and kissing his cheek.

"Aw, thanks, babe," he replies. I watch him practically inhale the breakfast. "Mm, that was delicious," he announces. "Thanks for making me breakfast, babe."

"You're welcome," I answer. "So, what do you want to do today?"

He shrugs. "I don't care. Whatever."

"Well, I was thinking since you don't want anything big, there's a surprise I have for you."

He smiles at me and pecks me on the lips before nodding.

- - -

After we're dressed, we leave the apartment. "So, where we going?" Colby asks from the passenger's seat.

"It's a surprise," I inform.

Groaning playfully, he sits back and turns on the radio. He turns it on some rock station. The song Monster by: Skillet is playing. I mentally roll my eyes at that.

Thirty minutes later, we pull up to the building that the radio station is in. As we ride up, Colby asks, "Where are we?"

"You'll know in a second," I reply, smiling at him. As soon as we step off the elevator, I turn to Colby. "Does this ring a bell you at all?" I ask.

It takes him a second, but then he gasps. "Huh, this the radio building for Rock 103.7!"

"Mm-hmm."

"Baby, you're the best," he informs before leaning down and pecking my lips.

When he pulls away, I smile at him. We go through the double glass doors and one of the tour girls comes up to us. As soon as she lays eyes on my husband, her eyes about bug out of her head. I watch as a lustful smile plasters across her face.

Colby must have noticed it too, because he slings arm over my shoulders and pulls me closer to him before kissing my temple. I watch as the chick gives me a nasty look before replying. "Hi, welcome to Rock 103.7. My name's Barbie and I'll be your tourist."

'Blonde haired Barbie bitch' I thought as she gives us a tour of the place.

- - -

Before climbing into Colby's car, he brings me into a big, bear hug. "Thanks, baby," he replies. "This was probably the greatest birthday present ever!"

"You're welcome, honey," I answer. "Figured you'd like it."

"I loved it."

I smile up at him before he kisses my lips.

As we drive home, I turn to Colby. "Baby, you want to go out for lunch or something for your birthday?" I ask.

"Lunch sounds good," he acknowledges. "Where do you want to go for lunch?"