{34} Mine [Series 2]

THIRTY-FOUR:

© All Rights Reserved - 2013 S. M. Palmer

♜♖♜ COLBY ♖♜♖

THROUGHOUT THE NEXT WEEK, KEIRA slept as much as she could. On Tuesday, we went to the boardwalk and shopped some. We went into Ala Moana Center (it's a huge mall in Hawaii) and shop there. We went into Blue Hawaii Lifestyle, Aeropostale, Aldo Shoes, American Eagle Outfitters, Cartier, Apple Store, Bag n' Baggage, Claire's, Crazy Shirts, Barnes & Nobles Booksellers, Bath & Body Works, Flip Flop Shops, Disney Store, Foot Locker, Forever 21, GameStop, Hollister, Gucci, Honolulu City Info, Hot Topic, Gymboree, Hawaiian Quilt Collection, Jeans Warehouse, Lego, Journeys, Juicy Couture, Lady Foot Locker, Old Navy, Pacific Swimwear, San Lorenzo Bikinis, Payless ShoeSource, Skechers, Splash! Hawaiian Sport, and Victoria's Secret.

On Wednesday, we spend most of the day at the beach. At night, we went out for dinner at The Cheesecake Factory. On Thursday, I took Derek to the pool, while Keira stayed at the room and slept. On Friday, I took Derek to the pool again, while Keira slept. On Saturday, we went down to the pool again and spent most of the day there. (This time Keira came with us.) On Sunday, we went to the Kawaiaha'o Church.

{Sunday, June 26, 2011}

I watch as Keira dresses Derek in his plain white onesie, his baby blue dressy outfit, and his white socks. She then turns to me. "Babe, can you hold Derek while I get dressed?" she asks with a smile.

I nod. I get up and take Derek from her. I watch as she grabs her outfit from the closet and goes to change in the bathroom. While she's in the bathroom, I put Derek on his activity mat and pick out what I'm going to wear. To wear, I pick out my black dress pants, my aqua blue roll-up sleeve button up shirt, plus the tie and jacket vest that goes with it, and my black dress shoes. I change into that and then notice Keira step out of the bathroom.

As soon as I see what's she was wearing, everything around me freezes. 'She's beautiful!' I thought as I examine her attire. She's wearing her aqua blue high-low strapless dress (that she got from Old Navy when we went to the mall earlier in the week) that had a bow/belt below the chest along with her black ankle boots.

As soon as our eyes connect, a small smile plasters across her face. "What? Do I look bad? Do I have something in my teeth? I shouldn't because I just brushed my teeth," she whispers, double checking herself in the mirror. I go up to her and wrap my arms around her from behind. "Babe, you look breathtaking," I reply before kissing the top of head.

I felt her blush tomato red. She spins around in my arms and wraps her arms around my neck. "Thanks, baby," she answers before kissing my lips.

When she pulls away, she grins at me. "I love you, Baby Daddy," she replies.

"I love you too, Baby Mama," I answer, returning the smile.

- - -

When we get to the church, an usher escorts us to the front door, while another goes to park our car. 'Wow, never thought I'd get this kind of service here' I thought as I mentally smile. Once we're sitting down, the pastor comes over to us. "Aloha kakahiaka, O ko'u inoa Kahus Curtis P. Kekuna. Au hiki ike kou mea kipa. Is ma 'o something Au hiki kokua 'oe me?" ("Good morning, my name is Pastor Curtis P. Kekuna. I can see you're visitors. Is there something I can help you with?")

That's when I sign what I'm going to say. The pastor gives us a weird look and then answers with a super thick Hawaiian accent, "I don't understand what you just said, but I do speak English."