{42} Mine [Series 2]

FORTY-TWO:

© All Rights Reserved - 2013 S. M. Palmer

♥︎♡♥︎ KEIRA ♡♥︎♡

FROM BETWEEN US, DEREK STARTS giggling. Colby pulls away from me and looks down at him. "Derek, come here, want to come sit with Daddy?"

He shake his no and starts reaching for the ground. "Ddddddd."

"You want to get down?" I ask, before kissing the back of his head.

He nods. "Dude, do you know how dirty that floor is?" Colby asks. "You don't know what's been on that floor."

"People's feet," I suggest. "Wet feet. Dry feet."

"For all you know," Colby replies, "dog pee could be on that floor."

I roll my eyes. "Derek, you want to stand up? Is that why you want down on the ground?"

He nods and points at the floor again. "Dddddd."

I put him on the ground and hold his hands as he stands up. His legs are a little wobbly, but he manages to stand. "Holy sh— Smokes," Colby replies, "before ya know it, he'll be walking."

"I know," I answer. "Da— Dang, he's growing up so fast."

Colby chuckles and I look up at him. "What?"

"We both caught ourselves before letting a curse word slip out," he answers, still chuckling.

I start giggling some. "You're right." I look down at Derek and smile. Still holding onto one of my hands, with his other hand, he points to Colby. "Dada! Dada! Dada! Dada!"

He smiles at Derek. "What's up, dude?" Colby starts tickling him underneath his chin and he starts laughing. Colby smiles at him. That's when I hear a couple girls gossiping over yonder about me. "Mel, did you hear who Colby Middleton knocked up in high school? I heard from Farah Higgins that he knocked a 17-year-old up, and then left her for some other bimbo. And now the mother of Colby's son is raising him as a single mom and she's struggling with being a single mom." After hearing that, that just pissed me off. I turn to Colby. "Psst, Colby?" I whisper.

He stops tickling Derek and looks up at me. "Hm?"

"Do you hear those girls over there?" I ask quietly. "They're fucking gossiping over me."

"What are they saying?" he asks.

"That you knocked up a 17-year-old in high school and then you left me for some other bimbo. And now the mother of your son is raising him as a single mother and I'm struggling with being a single mom."

"That's all bullshit! And a big ass lie! Where the fuck did they hear it from?"

"Wait, shhh! Listen." We tune into their conversation. "Jayne, how'd you hear about this?" the brown haired bimbo asks, wanting to know the full scoop for sure. "Did somebody from our school tell you?"

"Yes, damn it, I already told you," Jayne, I'm assuming, says. "Colby Middleton knocked up a girl named Keira Blair and then left her for Brenda Williams. And they all went to South Pointe High, the same exact school as us."

"Fuck," I murmur. "Fucking seriously! Babe, can you watch Derek, I'll be right back."

He takes Derek from me and I go up to the two girls and tap one on her shoulder. "Excuse me?"

They stop giggling and look up at me. "Oh, shit," the brown haired bimbo swears. "You're Keira Blair?"

An annoyed look plasters across my face as I nod quickly. "Mm-hmm. What the fuck are you talking about, saying Colby Middleton knocked me up and then left me for another bimbo. That's all complete bullshit and a fucking lie. Colby and I are still together and when he slept with me, we weren't just boyfriend and girlfriend, we had been married for two months."