{11} Mine [Series 2]

ELEVEN:

© All Rights Reserved - 2013 S. M. Palmer

♥︎♡♥︎ KEIRA ♡♥︎♡

{Monday, November 15, 2010}

BEING A FULL-TIME PARENT now means that your child is your new personal alarm clock. I climb out of bed and put on some black booty shorts before retrieving Derek from his little bed. "Hey, little man," I coo. "What's wrong?"

I sit down in the rocker and begin nursing him. Fifteen minutes later, Derek had fallen asleep again and I pull him away. I burp him before grabbing his me-me and putting it in his mouth. As I walk out to the living room, I cradle Derek.

Entering the living room, I realize Jeremy is awake and watching TV. "What are you doing up so early?" I ask as I lay Derek in his swing.

"It's not really that early," he chuckles. "It's like 7:45 and my mom's coming to pick me up. It's my week with her."

"Oh."

Fifteen minutes later, Jeremy's mom arrives and I answer the door. "Hi, sweetie," his mom replies.

"Hi, Nikki," I reply. "Jeremy will be out in a sec. He's using the bathroom."

"Thanks."

"Would you like anything to drink? Anything to eat?" I ask, going over to Derek's swing and picking him up.

"Oh no, thank you," she answers. "Is that Jeremy's nephew?" she asks, pointing to Derek.

"Yes, ma'am," I answer. "His name's Derek-Trent Christopher Middleton."

"Aw, he's adorable," she comments. "How old is he?"

"A week," I answer.

"He's precious," she answers, smiling.

"Thanks."

- - -

At a quarter 'til twelve, my phone tri-tones. I grab it off the in-table beside the recliner and click it on to read the text. The text is from Colby.

Colby:
'Hey babe how's your day been?'

Keira:
'My day is going good :) I miss you thou. How's your day been?'

Colby:
'Pretty good. But I miss y'all thou last night felt so weird without u being beside me lolz'

Keira:
'Aw, sweetie, it did feel different without you being in bed with me last night. I didn't have you to cuddle up with and keep me warm during tha night lolz'

Colby:
'So have you gotten the results back for Derek's tests?'

Keira:
'I did :) His results were negative :) (thank God) his temp. had only risen because of tha temp. change in our apartment.'

Colby:
'Well that's good. Look babe I gotta go. I'll talk to you later. Love you xoxo'

Keira:
'Bye babe love ya too xoxo'

I finish nursing Derek and burp him before laying him in his swing. These next two weeks are going to be so quiet without Colby being here. 'Hm, maybe I'll invite Korey and Stefani over later today or this evening for dinner' I thought.

I take my phone out and sent a text to Korey.

Keira:
'Are you doing anything today?'

Bubba:
'I'm out and about with Stefani and Monica right now. Why?'

Keira:
'Do y'all want to come over in a little bit or something?'