{18} Mine [Series 2]

EIGHTEEN:

© All Rights Reserved - 2013 S. M. Palmer

▮▯▮ THIRD PERSON ▯▮▯

COLBY STOOD ON THE BACK patio, while he watched Korey get the grill ready to grill some hamburgers and hot dogs, and also holding a water bottle. That's when someone smashes into the ground. When he realizes it was Keira, he drops his water bottle—its contents going everywhere—and fall down onto his knees. "Oh, my God! Keira?"

She doesn't answer him. That's when he realizes the fall put into unconsciousness. "Fuck," he mumbles before turning my attention to Korey. "Dude, please, call 911."

"On it right now," he answers as he presses the phone against his ear.

That's when Colby hears loud footsteps coming down the stairs. He glances up and Stef storms outside. "Is she fucking dead?" she snaps angrily. "She fucking should be! I can't fucking believe we're even best friends! She's a fucking slut!"

Colby abruptly stands up. "What the fuck are you talking about?" he snaps. "Did you know she just fell from the second story porch?"

"Duh! I'm the one who fucking did it!" she answers, smirking.

"What the fuck?!" he snaps, getting in her face and pushing her back angrily.

"Well, she fu—"

"The ambulance will be here any minute now," Korey calls

When the ambulance arrives, the paramedics come out back and load Keira onto the gurney before loading her into the ambulance. Colby also jumps in the back. Before the doors shut all the way, he shouts to Korey, "Bring my car to the hospital, please."

Korey waves and shouts back, "Sure thing, man!"

After the ambulance speeds away, Korey hears the handcuffs snap shut. "Miss Stefani Brookshire, you're under arrest for pushing Mrs. Keira Middleton over the railing and causing to fall from the second story," Officer Zach Hampton replies, pushing Stef into the backseat of the cop car.

"What the fuck?!" Stefani snaps as she bangs on the glass window.

Korey just shakes his head before jumping into Colby's car.

When he gets to the reception desk, there was a lady who to be in her late forties/early fifties sitting behind the desk, typing away at the computer. "Hello," Korey replies. "What room is Keira Middleton in?"

"One sec," she replies sweetly before typing the name in and searching. Waiting impatiently, he tapes his fingers against the wooden top. "Alright, Mrs. Keira Middleton is on the sixteenth floor, room 1665."

"Thanks."

When he gets up to the sixteenth floor, he steps off the elevator and rushes to room 1665. When he enters everything goes dead silent.

There, Colby was sitting in the chair with his face buried in his hands and his hair looked a bit messy from him pulling it. "Hey, dude," Korey replies softly. "How is she?"

"Doctors don't know if she gave herself a concussion or brain injury," he whispers. "And they don't know how long she'll be unconscious. Plus, she also broke arm, fractured her rib cage, and broke her neck."