{32} Mine [Series 2]

THIRTY-TWO:

© All Rights Reserved - 2013 S. M. Palmer

▮▯▮ THIRD PERSON ▯▮▯

(A/N: I'm just going to put down what the times the boys were born)

At 1:03pm, baby A is born. Doctors immediately have to take him down to the NICU.

At 3:17pm, baby B is born. Doctors immediately have to take him down to the NICU also.

And at 8:56pm, baby C is born. Doctors immediately have to take him down to the NICU also.

After the doctors returns Kimberly to the room, Ashton goes outside and call Colby. After two rings, he answers. "Hello?"

"Hey, man, just wanted to call you and tell you, your mom's had the triplets," Ashton replies, sighing mutely and sitting down on the bench nearby.

"How are they?" Colby asks.

"The doctors had to take them down to the NICU immediately after they were born," Ashton replies softly. "I really hope they're okay."

"Wow. Well, if you keep faith in them and believe God's got the best condition picked out for them, they're going to be okay," Colby answers.

"Thanks, bud. Well, I better go. I'll call you tomorrow morning to check in on James."

"Alright," Colby answers. "Bye, man."

"Bye, bud."

After Colby hangs up, he turns to Keira. "Who was that?" she asks, scooting closer and resting her head on her husband's shoulder.

Colby kicks back and wraps his arm around her. "It was Ashton," Colby answers. "He was calling to tell me the triplets were born and they're now all down in NICU."

"I hope they're okay," his wife whispers. "They deserve to live on this earth."

"Mm-hmm."

After the movie is over, Keira flips the TV off and turns to her husband. "How about we—"

He cuts his wife off. "Make-out," he responds, smirking as he pulls her tank top strap down and kisses her shoulder.

When he pulls away and looks at her, her mouth is practically watering. Colby smirks at his wife and then presses his lips against hers. At first, she's startled, but she soon catches on and starts kissing him back.

Colby doesn't know how long he made out with his wife, but damn she was good.

- - -

{Friday, May 27, 2011}

The next four weeks go by fast. Kimberly was released from the hospital four days after she delivered the triplets. (The reason why she was released four days after delivering the triplets is because doctors needed to keep a close eye on her and make sure nothing else was wrong with her.) Unfortunately, the triplets had to stay in the hospital. But ever since Colby's mom was released, Ashton and Kimberly have been going back to the hospital to visit the triplets. Right now, Kimberly and Ashton are over at her son's house and they're discussing names.